My computer crashes and freezes making it useless

sparklysoul

Baseband Member
Hello:
Please I really need your help. I don't know what happened with my desktop HP Omni 100Pc. I can turn it on but when it is about using it it completely crash and freezes.
It has windows 7 home basic 64 bits sp1 . It is an old computer but it was working great.

I'm unable to restore it to previous point because all my restore points where deleting. I was scanning my computer yesterday with norton antivirus and my hp turned off by itself.
If want to check my documents or even open a photograph, my computer crashes.
I used to use auslogic software but as it expired I opted to delete it.
Sometimes when I wanted to download something and the norton block I would turned off the antivirus for a while and turn it off. I rarely use my computer because mostly I do everything on my mobile device but since I started studying I really need and now it is not working. Please help me I don't know what to do and I don't have money to fix it or buy a new one

1. When and how do you clean your computer?
  2. Why the hell do you need to have the Norton in there?
You say that don't have money to buy new one. Why new? Clean firstly this one and don't waste Your money to buy useless and malicious software as Norton. Anyone should not install such malware in his/her own computer.

Last edited:
When and how do you clean your computer?
Why the hell do you need to have the Norton in there?

I clean it with cleaner, auslogics software and the native windows programs
As antivirus I have norton internet security, when it expires I will get a better one? Any suggestions? And by the way, why do you consider norton as a terrible option?

No Auslogics never(!) and if You want to have some antivirus installed, then only Malwarebytes Anti Malware and if you really want, then Windows Defender.
Why not CCleaner? Wise Registry Cleaner and Wise Disk Cleaner or at all Wise Care 365? Why not Advanced System Care, Yamicsoft Windows Manager and other similar known good software?
Maybe is needed at all new clean install?

Right now my computer is completely screwed I wanted to fix it and I don't know how to do it. Could you please help me. Right now it is running in safe mode with anti malware and yeah norton too

Does your system run fine while it's in Safe Mode? If so, then it's a software or driver issue that's causing your issues.

When you crash, do you get a Blue Screen of Death? Does the system just reboot automatically? If so, you'll want to disable automatic reboot. Start -> right click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings on the left panel -> under 'Startup and Recovery' click "Settings..." -> uncheck "Automatically restart" under the "System Failure" section -> Click OK on all open dialogs

Now, get us the STOP code (0x000000## where ## = some alphanumeric combination), and any parameters that follow, as well as the message in all-caps at the top of the BSOD (e.g., IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).

Does your system run fine while it's in Safe Mode? If so, then it's a software or driver issue that's causing your issues.

When you crash, do you get a Blue Screen of Death? Does the system just reboot automatically? If so, you'll want to disable automatic reboot. Start -> right click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings on the left panel -> under 'Startup and Recovery' click "Settings..." -> uncheck "Automatically restart" under the "System Failure" section -> Click OK on all open dialogs

Now, get us the STOP code (0x000000## where ## = some alphanumeric combination), and any parameters that follow, as well as the message in all-caps at the top of the BSOD (e.g., IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).

Thanks. I'm waiting for the antivirus and anti malware to finish scanning. It is taking so long.

How do I get the stop code? Can you please guide me on that? Thank you

It works fine in safe mode. I can open windows, search for documentos and it won't crash. I guess so that if it's a software or driver issue it might get fixed if I restore to factory. My computer hasn't shut down on safe mode. I think I can back up all my documents to my seagate expansion portable drive while on safe mode, and then I can start my computer as normal and proceed to reset it to factory.

I wish I didn't need to do that because it is a hassle to install everything back again. I want to fix it as soon as possible. I really need it

The stop code will be on the BSOD when the computer crashes.

bsod-stop-error.jpg

A couple of suggestions. Try running Check Disk on your drive to make sure it is solid. Also, try running System File Checker if needed.

Back
Top Bottom