MSI 1757 GE70 20E

TheDrunk

In Runtime
Need some help, I just redirected this MSI laptop a few weeks ago, and while cracking it open to remove hinges, and reseed everything from ram, data CPU and GPU I saw that it has two additional slots which read SSD the slots are about 2 and a half inches long and 1 and 2 wide or less.

I am wanting to upgrade the RAM, yet can not find through the mess the upgraded vendor list, nor can I find the type or size maximum supported for the SSD, and or the CPU or GPU.

Now since there is no hinges I have it connected to a 50" tv and use it for daily research and playing some games.

I am looking for the following

Affordable SSD x2 doesn't had to be big but 500G or less.
What is the best ram as in Greg, v and lat. That I can upgrade to I would like 16 gigs and am a fan of Gskill.

Need some help, I just redirected this MSI laptop a few weeks ago, and while cracking it open to remove hinges, and reseed everything from ram, data CPU and GPU I saw that it has two additional slots which read SSD the slots are about 2 and a half inches long and 1 and 2 wide or less.

I am wanting to upgrade the RAM, yet can not find through the mess the upgraded vendor list, nor can I find the type or size maximum supported for the SSD, and or the CPU or GPU.

Now since there is no hinges I have it connected to a 50" tv and use it for daily research and playing some games.

I am looking for the following

Affordable SSD x2 doesn't had to be big but 500G or less.
What is the best ram as in Greg, v and lat. That I can upgrade to I would like 16 gigs and am a fan of Gskill.

laptop specs page: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE70-2OE.html#hero-specification

Does it have the SuperRAID card in it where it uses mSATA SSD's?

Specs page for the laptop say the memory max memory / specs:
DDR3L up to 1600MHz, 2 slots, Max. 16GB

Idk why but it posted double.
But those are the slots... I have the lappy off right now when I turn back on I'll check bios

This is the only information I get for bios, says 4x data slots. But from what I can tell I have one says and the other two. Where would the fourth be?

IMG_20170410_180303239.jpgIMG_20170410_180327273.jpg

Back
Top Bottom