Microsoft Sets Windows 7 Pricing, Upgrade Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
These upgrades include the 32 and 64 bit versions.

So the upgrade disc comes with both versions of 7? Or do you have to previously have an x64 to get 64 bit version?

Also, with the upgrade disc, every time I reformat will I have to insert the old OS disc, or is that just first time?

No they will only have 32 bit or 64 Bit on the disk depending on which version you buy.

No every time you format you will have to insert the disk. It is a upgrade disk.

For anyone wondering how to choose 32 or 64-bit. Here's the answer from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/pre-order-faq.aspx

"You'll get both. Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional packaged products include both 32- and 64-bit discs. "
Now that's cool! Won't they be losing money by selling two discs for the price of one though? It's not like you will use both at the same time, and they might use the same serial, but it still costs them money to make that disc.

We (school dist I work for) already has plans to move to Windows 7 spring of next year. We've avoided Vista long enough to be able to make the swoop from XP to 7, so things should go relatively seamlessly once the rollout hits next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom