Macs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
I met a great girl, shes a life saver, i luv er....

we get along really well.
I use linux
She's never heard of it.
She uses a mac because she likes it's "pretty colors."

In your oppinion, how much do their pretty colors effect sales?

Now im with mac OS over winblowz, as u can tell, because now based on unix, the mac os is now very stable.( especially compared 2 winblowz) LOL

WHY, EVEN W/ THEIR PRETTY COLORS, ABILITY, AND STABILITY DO MACS SELL LESS THAN 5% OF COMPS ON DA MARKET?

LOL

so tell me what u think :)

Its mainly price, as well as availablility of product (you cant just go out and build a mac from stoee bought parts) as well as software compatability (still a pretty big issues, though its much much much better than before). Windows XP is good enough for most people who dont understand what UNIX really means to their system. Plus most people dont ungrade too often and when they do they upgrade to whatever system is new on the same platform. Most just dont want to learn how to reuse their computers.

I think there must be some subliminal message when Windows boots up that confuses and turns the user against mac. I would guess 80% of PC users despise the mac for various reasons (even if they have yet to try one)

LOL

yeah, I use 2 hate macs a couple years ago... but the only ones i tried were so old... god i can't even remember what they were called LOL

RyansTech, take a look in the upper right hand corner of Iexplorer, thats sum messaging 4 ya LOL

It's that pretty XP log-in sound that turns them against us... If you slow it down and play it backwards, you can hear Bill Gates saying "don't use a mac" :D

I don't neccessarily like the pretty colors, but it is a plus. And as G5 said, price and availability are the Mac's downfall. You can go to any Wall-Mart and buy an HP Pavillion for $400 that is (hate to admit it) nicely equipped. But to get a Mac, you have to live near an Apple store, or Reseller, or you have to order your Mac from a reseller's magazine or website.

Have both myself.......actually several,and run linux as well.Have friends with macs,have friends with windows.Have yet to meet a mac user that uses the unix(shell) in apple's new freebsd based OS.Yet all of the mac friends of mine claim that apple's are THE best thing for anything graphic design or art related..........hmmmmmmmm, well lets see, same software, same results, but the PC variants usually have double click mice..........that right there saves some time and effort in use in most applications.....point and click,no keyboard shortcuts needed.Then there's the bang for the buck issue.........x86 based PC's have apple beat to death in that department.

My take on all this, apple's are like anything else when it comes to user perceptions and prospective buyers rarely comes down to performance or ease of use or reliability in the real world..........its mostly heresay and BS spread by those that dont have a clue.Do pretty colors and marketing help sell macs?.....absolutely, works on most products.

No disrespect intended to anyone here,mac or PC's........just my 2cents worth.I am aware of the forum rules........if I stepped over them I apologize.

Horndude, the only thing you stepped over is the Tech-Forums.net recommended maximum usage of periods in one post. Becase, hell, you sure used a lot of periods in that post.

But back to seriousness, for all the people you know who dont use the unix part of OSX, there are many more who do. Its very useful in harnessing the power of OSX.

LOL! periods lol god... that was great g5orbust haha
ok well ty everyone for your input.

winblowz said:
LOL! periods lol god... that was great g5orbust haha

Spasiba.

spasibo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom