Just got my drivers licence! now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question could be answered with one 5-minute phone call. I guarantee the insurance company knows the answer.

Yes that's the best option. And Cali does have some crazy laws about, well, pretty much everything. Best way to know for sure is to call insurance agent and ask.

problem is this community is very spread out. closest place thats hiring is +5mi away

im hoping for best buy, if not then im checking staters, albertsons, vons, osh, or maybe one of the like 5 fast food joints up here, but for one, im under 18, and i got no idea how to get my work permit set up and my counceler at school isnt doing anything to help she just says "go in and they fill it out" i go there they tell me to go to the school and have them fill it out...driving me nuts.

i got a truck, half tank of gas, my licence, but no insurance. cant get a parking permit at school until i get insurance and i need a job to get the insurance, but i need to drive to get to the places to get a job.

the sheer irony of this makes me sad for you dude.

dont wait on your dad to call his agent, his agents no different then any other agent at any insurance company lol just grab a phone book and call any insurance company and they should have the answer

double post

you shouldnt need a work permit at a fast food place, ive worked at a bunch since i was 16 and ive never had a workers permit, and id ont think your school has anything to do with your workers permit as well

well i tried both jack in the box and del taco and both of them said i need to have the permit from my school stating that its ok for me to work (saying that i have at least a 2.5gpa and im not missing school and what not)

i just get the paper school (have it filled out) take it to my employer, have them fill out their part, then take it back to the school, they give me another paper, i go back to the employer and then im hired.

im freaking lost. right now me and my pops are under the assumption that i cant drive PERIOD until i get insurance, which i think is total BS cause if i knew that i would have purpously tanked my test so i can still drive. my pops is extremely strict with this, and he said he wont put me on his policy until i get a job and pay him however much the increase was.

wow i think our fathers are related the same shizznit happened to me.... exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom