Just a general question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerwolf67-1

Beta member
I am new to these forums, but have a question that I felt could best be answered here, if it is even possible. I am not very tech savvy but can handle my own so to speak, so here is the question:

I am currently in Frankfurt, Germany for 6 months, I have my laptop with me; however there is a game that I play in particular with my son and I am having a very hard time accessing the server, I currently have a support ticket open with them, the game is Warcraft. If it is determined that I cannot access the servers from this hotel, is it possible somehow for me to access my desktop from here and then run the game from my desktop, but do the controls and everything from my laptop here? Im not sure if Pcanywhere or something like that will do that. Thanks in advance.

You would be able to do what you describe, however without a fantastic connection both where you're remoting in from (the hotel) and where the desktop is (home, presumably), then there will be a considerable delay between your actions and the response of those actions back from the game.

TLDR: It would be way too laggy.

Both sites have a good broadband connection. Both computers are very high end computers. I think I have determined that the problem I am currently having is that the hotel itself is locking the port that I need to establish the communication with the Blizzard servers, everything else is running just fine: internet, video chat, etc... all runs fast and smooth. Now if the game would run but with a little lag that may be something that I can deal with, there are things I could do that would not be all that intensive. So how would I go about doing that, just to test a see how well it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom