i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CP

Dude, either make it stable or deal with lower fps. A high OC means nothing if it isn't stable. Sure I can 4.3ghz, but would it be stable? **** no. It's not fair to us for you to complain about performance issues when you have an unstable OC and you refuse to fix it.

Re: i think i know why i get lower fps in Crysis/Crysis Warhead after upgrading my CP

Pushing 1.6v through a 45nm cpu 24/7 is a very bad idea.

oh alright, i will back off then. I will do these things when i get home later tonight.

wouldnt better cooling help me here as far as stability goes? At load i do get like 51-52 C.

Not with those numbers. Better cooling would only help if you are getting into the 60s in games and if you were doing some extreme overclocking. The P2 940 is capable of 3.7Ghz at that voltage, so either you have a dud chip, or you mobo isn't up to it. Cooling won't help you there.

i think it is his mobo. it doesnt officialy support the phenomII i think thats your problem wildside.

Not with those numbers. Better cooling would only help if you are getting into the 60s in games and if you were doing some extreme overclocking. The P2 940 is capable of 3.7Ghz at that voltage, so either you have a dud chip, or you mobo isn't up to it. Cooling won't help you there.

hmm, i do remember getting some BSODs that had an error with Motherboard Resources. I must be my motherboard then. Perhaps i should RMA it n replace it with a new one?

i remember MSI did say they are in the works with 1.7v BIOS n that supports Phenom II. I remember reading a list on tweaktown a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom