i got a big subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subs are pointless for music. Only decent for movies, but even then the low end is overkill. Try running a McIntosh setup with some B&W floor standing speakers, with no sub, and see what kind of amazing the music will be. Even a Denon or Rotel setup with mid-priced floor standing will be a world of difference from anything with a sub (for music, of course). Music just isn't mixed to be subbed.

Unless you listen to ghettoblasting music, then I fully agree with subs.

Eagleboy said:
Subs are pointless for music. Only decent for movies, but even then the low end is overkill. Try running a McIntosh setup with some B&W floor standing speakers, with no sub, and see what kind of amazing the music will be. Even a Denon or Rotel setup with mid-priced floor standing will be a world of difference from anything with a sub (for music, of course). Music just isn't mixed to be subbed.

Unless you listen to ghettoblasting music, then I fully agree with subs.

You hundred year old people kill me. Just because you listen to mono music that went down to 300 Hz for most of your life. You try to dissed something that you know nothing about.

I knew an old geezer like you who used to be my friend until he dissed my setup. at the time I had an Adcom preamp, an Acurus 200x3 amp, an Adcom 555 II (rated 200x2 but did 288x2 into 8ohm, 1800 x1 into 2ohms bridged) and a NAD 2200 100X2 (it powered my sub which incidentally, I happen to have for 12 years. the NAD's power capped out to 1800 watt momentarily as it had a low power and a high power power supply which made it super efficient and super powerful) they went to some Thiel cs3.5 or paradigm 11semk3

Anyway, because he didn't use a sub. He dissed my setup. He obviously was going by the 1920 rules like you.

before I got mad and had chosen never to speaker to him again (that night after I thought about), I took him over to my friend (an old man) house in Dublin, Ohio who had some B&W 801 hooked to an Adcom 555 II. His other Adcom 555 II was hooked to an EV EVX-180B which was hooked to a 93 cubic ft enclosure (it was integrated into his steps) and had him explain about the essentials of having a sub

OK old man, it called AC-3 (DVD movies) and deeper music. We not that old phonogragh that you had doesnÂ’t go that low. The in room -3 down point of my sub is 17 hertz. When they play the 10 Hz note in the Godzilla movies that they made a few years ago, I want to feel it. I also want to enjoy the entire note (5hz) in 1812 overture when the cannons go off (I know when you were born, back when the song first came out, you had to go to a live performance to hear the dynamic detail of the song. I can get the sound in my living room). I sold most of my amps because I can't afford to pay for my old and outrageous Electric bill like I could before the republicans took over, but I still have my speakers

My $4,000.00 Thiel's

Thiel.jpg

did u know 33hz is the exact frenquency (sp?) that will give a woman a orgasm... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom