Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Just got my connection and im running the Linksys WRT54G with a netgear G Card on the other computer... well having problems picking up the router... when i put the card in it reconises it. then says i need to download some kind of update.. but i cant cause i dont have internet on the computer yet. and by not having a ethernet controller allow it not to work? cause ive install every driver that that driver is still missing. but i dont have a choose to set up a wireless connection.. it doesnt give me a choice. any help?

Are you sure that the drivers you installed are for the correct hardware?

Are you running any security on your wireless router?

Yes all Drivers are for the right hardware. and im not running security on the Router quite yet. i finally installed firmware for Netgear WG311v3 and it got my Wireless card to actually show up in my network settings but now its saying that the Netgear Wireless card is unavailable :( and i tryed disableing it and enableing it again it just stays the same.. once its usable i can connect it to my router but i cant when its unavailable and i have no reason why.

You may have to connect to the router with a wired connection to do configuration first then go wireless.

Superdave listen to this.. i finally got my wireless card to work and connect to my linksys wrt54g router.. once it did on my main PC which is wired.. i couldnt do anything. couldnt load any pages at all.. and the wireless hardly no signal.. it was so slow u couldn't do anything... should i just set computer side by side and wire both of them would it be faster that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom