Halo: Master Chief Collection

It's good, but it's broken at the moment until they fix the matchmaking and party issues. It's the same games as before, with the same gameplay, button layouts, visuals, etc. The only difference is that everything is 60 fps across the board.

My only criticism with the MP design is that you can't play a specific game mode in a specific Halo game through matchmaking. For example, if you want to play team slayer, then all of the Halo games will be a part of the playlist.

Likewise, say you want to play Halo 2 or Halo 2 Anniversary - you can choose a specific Halo game to play, but not a specific game type as all game modes will be in the playlist. So if you pick Halo 2 and want slayer, you have to hope that a slayer game comes up and vote for it, otherwise you may end up with CTF, oddball, etc.

The game is awesome.. the 60 FPS is so smooth although I wish the matchmaking worked better.. i guess the had some major hitches for the launch so the wait time is 5-10 minutes per match.

The amount of content on this one disc is absolutely amazing!

The visuals are completely overhauled in Halo 2 FYI. I now won't be getting this until after Christmas sadly.

Only in Anniversary. There are separate playlists for Halo 2 original and Halo 2 Anniversary.

Anniversary also adds dynamic maps; for example, if someone is camping on top of BR3 in Lockout, you can shoot the rocks above it so that they crash down and kill the person. If you play the original, everything is the same as it was in 2004.

Last edited:
Friend of mine last night was saying the game needs serious patching. That's disappointing.

Yeah, i was watching twitch a little bit last night and seen that it was nearly impossibile to find a game. And the ranking system was throwing high level people in low level games.

Back
Top Bottom