Half Life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Hey a freind picked up half life 2 for me today but i havnt got it yet. does the game get really creepy? and is it worth it?

HL2 is really good, i loved it but never played it enough to beat it since it is a rather long game, and i hope you are on DSL or higher because "steam" will probably have to update

HL2 is one of the best games i've played.... My first time through it i found ravenholm really freaky.. but you get used to it after a while... Make sure you play HL2 Episode One after to.

Oh ya it's a good game. But be prepared to have a very long update if you don't have DSL.

okay im prepared lol cuz im on slow dial up... cant get anything else out here in the middle of kno where. exept satalite but i cant afford

ouhf, we have sattetlite and it is so unreliable sometimes. Not to mention the dreaded.... server "throttle". -_-

But to reinstall steam and hl2 get all the updates. it takes me about 3 1/2 hours... you probably days.

Matilda Mother,

I strongly agree with you, HL1 was much better than HL2. There are also many games today that are much better HL2, like FEAR, Prey and Quake4

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

Yes I'm serious.

People here keep saying that half life 2 is an excellent game, but I didn't see anything special in HL2. What is so good about HL2 ? The game is so repetitive, you keep fighting the same people every time during the game. The game also have poor AI compared to FEAR. HL2 have poor graphics compared to FEAR.

I play FEAR on 1024x768 at medium settings with no AA and no AF
I play Hl2 at 1024x768 at Max settings with 2x AA and 4xAF, but FEAR still looks much better and it is much more realistic than HL2

HL2 episode 1 was very boring game and it was worser than the original Hl2

FEAR: Extraction Point was better than the original FEAR. The 'hallucination' sequences are notably more gratuitous and frequent than they were in the first game. Extraction Point has larger out-door areas.

Just look at this screen shot and see how the enemies die in FEAR. Just look at the blood and the way they die. Just look at the effects.

FEAR_screenshot3.png

FEAR is much more realistic than HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom