GTA4 for PC: Will it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like anything less than the gx2 is a waste of time. Even at 1920x1200 i find that without at least 2x or 4x aa it looks gross. If I even notice jaggies it just screams in my head like a siren hahaha. guess i'll see what vee has to say. thanks krazy ^^

You mean overclock the ultra eh? I don't need a new cooler to OC it. Theres nothing wrong with the stock cooler. it only goes to 65 load, thats with slight overclock and 70% fan speed.
no amount of overclocking can bring it where I want it performance-wise.
besides, if i wanted to watercool the vid card I'd need to build a whole new loop. thats a lot more than 80$ lol. this q6600 b3 is ****. lol throws off enough heat on its own. VID is over 1.35 or something stupid, for an idea.

im just curious because I could pretty much get the 9800gtx for straight trade + maybe make 20$, and have a chance at an evga step up in july (if they arent screwing around). I know the two cards are pretty much the same but I just don't want to sit through 2 or 3 months of worse performance if its more of a downgrade from what i already have, playing at 1920x1200 (or 1680x1050 in AoC/Oblivion).

You should rid of that 8800Ultra IMHO, then buy a 9800gtx like krazyq said, plus the 9800gtx overclocks like a monster too... and its memory clock is already past 2000mhz, you could keep pushing it

yeah, after the hours of reading i did yesterday I figured the GTX, even with faster clocks, is still a major downgrade. I'd have to drop my res or settings for most things.
So i ordered a gx2 ;p Lousy price for performance I know but idc. With any luck they 9900's will release on the rumored date and I can just get it with a direct trade if its cheaper than what i just bought lol.

haha yeah i made darn sure i got evga.

I'm really doubtful they'll have it released in time. I have absolutely NO faith in company deadlines anymore. i think they just spout nonsense dates to make fools like me buy their stuff early in plans of upgrading, only to find out we gotta buy it whole anyway. XD
or maybe im looking to far into a conspiracy.

but yeah the evga one was one of the cheaper ones anyway. with rebates and such. I woulda got one of the pre overclocked ones just cause im lazy, but it was like 100$ extra for 60 more core clock lmao.

XD It will for a while, I hope lol. I gotta look into waterblocks for this thing. I don't know how hot it's gonna run yet, but I imagine it'll be hotter than I want >.> Not that I really have room for a 2nd loop.. maybe if I mount the rad externally, bleh lol.

It will be easier to play with my friends who don't have a PS3 or 360..

That and I can't stand sitting down and watching a plethora of jagged lines on my HDTV, so yeah, I can't wait til it ports to PC so I can crank out at Least 2x AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom