GTA4 for PC: Will it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running with the keyboard and mouse worked quite well in my opinion. for a port they made it work really well, control-wise.

i use the 360 wireless controller for pc and its made gaming more fun with certain games...and aku, if u get get rid of that ultra for $400..i would get RID OF IT...get the gts instead or the 9800gtx and you wud save so much more money!
And i didnt like san andreas...got boring... the first gta 3 was amazin and so was vice city...

you think so eh? I can't afford a hit in performance now that I run the 24". The ultra isnt enough right now to run things how I want, hi res XD the gts or 9800gtx pretty much bench the same as the ultra, but have less ram. i know that doesnt make it faster, but isnt it supposed to let it handle high res easier?

If you figure I won't drop any performance I'll order it today lol. theres a 40$ instant rebate at ncix. They're almost at US prices right now ;p
If it is worth it id def grab evga. I love XFX to death but if the 9900's rumored july release turns out to be true (not likely) imma step up for sure.

exactly my point. you have a linear quest structure, but you can do other things on the side and aren't bound by the linear structure. You can kill anybody you want, only your threat level goes up and you have to hide until it's safe to walk around in public. also you can run people over, and the vehicles take forever to do anything. ie the horse sucks at moving.

I wouldn't consider Assassin's Creed anything near GTA style games. GTA is primarily a Driving-Shooter game, where Assassin's Creed is more of a Platformer-Fighter game. The only thing they have in common is 'free-roam', which Assassin's Creed doesn't really have anything to free-roam about. You can do the same missions all over again, and again, and again. Collect more flags!? Yippie! Another 6 second pickpocket mission? Amazing.

Once you get past how awesome your player moves and climbs you see how crumby the actual game is. Combat can be mastered very easily, escaping guards follows the same exact formula (the most that can happen is you actually fight back, other wise you just find a bench, hay, etc.). All while listening to the same dialog over and over. Maybe they should have focused less on animations and more on gameplay and variety, something GTA has always offered plenty of. Oh, and your penalized for killing civilians (you lose health, which regens way too fast IMO), GTA actually has them drop money (more rewarding). How is that anything like GTA?

I'm sure a PC version will eventually come, but seeing how much GTA is pirated I don't think they have too much enthusiasm for it.

Porting it should be pretty easy. They'd do well to have it out for PC in time for Christmas. They made $500 million it's first week out--just nuts for a video game, totally unprecedented. They've got to tap the PC market, too. Smaller, but well worth the small amount of effort.

you think so eh? I can't afford a hit in performance now that I run the 24". The ultra isnt enough right now to run things how I want, hi res XD the gts or 9800gtx pretty much bench the same as the ultra, but have less ram. i know that doesnt make it faster, but isnt it supposed to let it handle high res easier?

If you figure I won't drop any performance I'll order it today lol. theres a 40$ instant rebate at ncix. They're almost at US prices right now ;p
If it is worth it id def grab evga. I love XFX to death but if the 9900's rumored july release turns out to be true (not likely) imma step up for sure.

What if you got a new cooler and ocd the **** outta it? i just saw this amazing waterblock/air cooler for $80. looks like it can cool the card down really well.

You mean overclock the ultra eh? I don't need a new cooler to OC it. Theres nothing wrong with the stock cooler. it only goes to 65 load, thats with slight overclock and 70% fan speed.
no amount of overclocking can bring it where I want it performance-wise.
besides, if i wanted to watercool the vid card I'd need to build a whole new loop. thats a lot more than 80$ lol. this q6600 b3 is ****. lol throws off enough heat on its own. VID is over 1.35 or something stupid, for an idea.

im just curious because I could pretty much get the 9800gtx for straight trade + maybe make 20$, and have a chance at an evga step up in july (if they arent screwing around). I know the two cards are pretty much the same but I just don't want to sit through 2 or 3 months of worse performance if its more of a downgrade from what i already have, playing at 1920x1200 (or 1680x1050 in AoC/Oblivion).

Porting it should be pretty easy. They'd do well to have it out for PC in time for Christmas. They made $500 million it's first week out--just nuts for a video game, totally unprecedented. They've got to tap the PC market, too. Smaller, but well worth the small amount of effort.
It's always nice to buy GTA because it's packaged really well and you get a map and plenty of info (radio stations, places to visit, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom