Folding at Home Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unit size is a preset question, i believe its set as "normal" by default.

To give us points, when you run the -configonly flag, they ask team number, ours is 12864
You should Also get a passkey to get the bonus pts. Its easy and uses your email.
Folding@Home

About the run and die, are you running in a cmd window?

To check your clienyt, for smp stuff I use hfm.net as bit'll show pts after bonus.
hfm-net - Project Hosting on Google Code

I'll help till youre up and running, so don't worry, we'll get it.

no, not running in a cmd window... before inputting the smp, it was running fine. I'm thinking about just uninstalling and reinstalling it, maybe the whole thing so it's done correctly. i can't get to the config anymore because it dies to quickly. thank you for the other tips though patonb

If it isn't being run in a CMD window then it must not be the SMP client. Are you sure you downloaded the SMP and not the System tray (uni-core) client?

maybe it is lol... ok I can get the animation of the job, if I <right click F@H icon, go to display> before it disappears... so here's a screenshot
FH.png

ok maybe slight problem, I don't see a 64 bit version on the high perf selections, unless they are all both? btw went ahead and uninstalled F@H, figured I might as well give it a try

running smooth as a dream... only one question... since I'm running a GTX 275 card, which is a GTX275 and a GTS 250 crammed together, I was wondering about multi-GPU... only problem I can foresee is after reading, says I need to have two monitors running, and that I need to disable SLI. since this is an integrated SLI card, is it even possible to run dual clients off each of the GPU's? also, can I dual client, one using the GPU and one using my processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom