Folding at Home Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If youre Vista, you'll need a dummy plug... 30 vsecs to make with 3 68ohm res, and a dvi to vga converter.
Win 7 sometimes you don't.

You can run them both, as they aren't sli'd, theyre physics'd. You'll need nto dissable physics in the nvidia control panel.

Then just set it up like a multi gpu setup, use the stanford guide, its pretty good.

My drop comes from power outages around here due to storms. >_< That's one of the drawbacks of living out in the country, though.

Hey Trotter, would you mind deleting the VM Ware client section? With SMP2 out it doesn't really apply anymore.

Thanks!

I have a question for you guys, perhaps this is not the correct place, or perhaps it is. I have this set up (Team number is 12864 yah? Perhaps I should add that lol, just default for now)

Anyway, I have finished a "Job" early this morning (about 15 hours ago), and the Stanford website shows I have some points (was surprised how long it took, almost 11 hours lol). However the extreme overclocking does not seem to be able to find me (despite the numerous updates since then (like every 3 hours right?) Link Here

I guess my question is, is there a minimum point value you need to hit before the extreme overclocking will pick you up, or is there an additional step I need to do with the site to pick it up off the Stanford site? Or is it just slow on the pickup, normally I would wait a few days to ask a question like this, but I suppose I am anxious to rack up some mad points :D

Thanks!

^you should definitely add the tech-forum team to your client. As well what client did you download? by the sounds of it you are either running the uni client or the smp. To get work done really fast use the gpu client. Don't use the uni if you have a decent dual core, use the smp. It gets far more points.

As for you not showing up, i believe it takes a good while for new people to show up on oc's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom