Folding At Home (F@H) Nvidia + ATI GPU's Now Supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding At Home (F@H) Nvidia + ATI GPU's Now Supported

Thanks Ricanflow I didnt know how to do that thats why I had no banner. Also I might be able to continue folding depending on which type of room I get at uni (If it has prepaid power and internet connection), and if I do it will be with the new rig I plan to build around christmas so my ppd should be way higher (Im thinking Nehalim(sp?), crossfire 4870's or a single 4870X2 if nothing better is out).

Re: Folding At Home (F@H) Nvidia + ATI GPU's Now Supported

Not a problem, folding is my thing.

You can also change the colors, for example:

sigimage.php

Code:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?un=El_Roberto&t=12864&c1=FF0000&c2=000000&c3=000000&c4=FF0000&c5=FF0000
The c1-c5 values are what change the colors, it explains it here:
Sig Images - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

Nvidia cards currently offer the best peformance in folding, so keep that in mind.

folding on nvidia gpu

ok so i dl'd the gpu client, but it wants to use my 4870.
is there a way to force it to use my 8800gts that is in the secondary slot of my mobo?

Re: folding on nvidia gpu

Yes there should be. Ask in the F@H topic in the Rules & Announcement area or at the F@H Forums.

I think it would require you to change the Machine ID i think.

well it is a problem somewhere else. maybe my mobo, maybe windows. the card driver isnt starting. i thought maybe the gts was faulty, but it works fine in slot 1. wheni put it into slot 2 with my 4870 in slot 1, the driver doesnt start, or windows sees a problem with the driver or some crap.
i tried the -gpu 1 flag and that had no effect, still wouldnt start the core.
any other ideas?

tried those already mak.
also tried
and

:D
any other suggestions? the code i get in the device manager is "43"

Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems
Updated: August 31, 2007

Device Manager displays the following message in the Device Properties dialog box, on the General tab, in the Device Status text box:
-------------------------------------------------
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Diagnosis
A device driver notified the operating system that the device failed.

Resolution
For more information about how to diagnose the problem, see the hardware documentation.
---------------------------------------------

yet the drivers are good and there is nothing wrong with the card. maybe mobo? but rivatuner reads the card info correctly (except that it says it has 4gb of memory lol) in both slots. also says they both are running at 8x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom