First Time computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea there is one, i just got one its the A8N by ASUS they cost a hell of a lot though. That motherboard also comes with SLI compatibility and some programs that do all the hard overclocking work for you. im loving mine :). I can play everygame i have on max settings with my system, if i got a gig of ram im sure i would get rid of the stuttering that happens in Doom III when i walk into a room with Ultra settings AA and AF. My system was pritty cheap for a gaming rig and has lots of upgrade potecial. if i could i would buy exactly the same again.

Btw the 3200 definatly pulls its weight in Doom III i only get like 8-12% CPU usage. its awsom.the rig rocks geil rocks segate rocks gigabytes rocks asus rocks and amd rocks (obviously)

wait wait wait I have been reading about athlon 64s and it seems that i cant use my operating system. Because i dont no if i have the 64 bit version can someone clear this up for me?

Wrong.

Athlon 64s are the first 64 bit proccesors that will run in a 32 bit enviroment, meaning that they will run any operating system you wish to run on it no problem.

thanks. is it possible for me to build a decent gaming rig that can play Doom 3 and Half-life 2 for 500 bucks or will i have to do some saving up?

I'd recommend saving your money, you could build a decent system that would run those games for $500, but I don't think you would be very pleased with the results, and you'd have to buy a lot of cheap hardware that probably isn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom