Firefox 3.0 CRASHES

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got the same very problem man. This did not happen with my old computer, now that I got a super speedy pc i get this -.- wow.

I got all the latest drivers, fresh install, everything, I still get this thing this is so anoyying.

I found I had crashes in the latest version of 2. I eventually reinstalled XP, upgraded to SP3 and FF3 but was still getting crashes.

I've completely uninstalled FF3, even erasing all the profiles and starting afresh but still crashed when I imported my bookmarks.

Thing is is that I'm resorting to using Opera now but get crashes sometimes but not as often as with FF. Just wondering if it could be my motherboard messing with things. I'm using the onboard LAN port [SiS 900], got the latest drivers too. Could that be responsible?

That's a possibility, porgorg. You can use Memtest to check your RAM, or check the Tips and Tricks forum in the Windows section for something Osiris just posted called HeavyLoad... It stresses your whole system to find errors.

I found I had crashes in the latest version of 2. I eventually reinstalled XP, upgraded to SP3 and FF3 but was still getting crashes.

I've completely uninstalled FF3, even erasing all the profiles and starting afresh but still crashed when I imported my bookmarks.

Thing is is that I'm resorting to using Opera now but get crashes sometimes but not as often as with FF. Just wondering if it could be my motherboard messing with things. I'm using the onboard LAN port [SiS 900], got the latest drivers too. Could that be responsible?

I would say your system is more at fault. Cause i have not had any crashes on FF3 or Opera 9.51 since my reinstall just a few days ago. So there has to be something on your end.

Cheers,
Mak

That's a possibility, porgorg. You can use Memtest to check your RAM, or check the Tips and Tricks forum in the Windows section for something Osiris just posted called HeavyLoad... It stresses your whole system to find errors.

I tried memtest and chkdsk and they didn't come up with anything [memtest was left overnight and did 300% on a Gb and 150% on the other Gb but with no errors]. Will have a look over the Tips and Tricks though, cheers.
Heavyload looks worth a go too.

I remember even trying using my wireless card to connect but still got errors, so I don't think it's the SiS900.

If it does mean getting a new MB then that's a thorn in my side.

i really didnt like firefox 3, i beta tested it, and thought it was better then, but when they came out with three i ran into the same problems with it crashing.
-nick

Okay, did memtest over night again. 1700Mb tested 300% with no errors.

Ran Heavyload for 4 hours [what another page suggested] but didn't really come up with anything. I assume you just run the program and if your system crashes then it proves it's unstable. Anyway, this is where I left it:
1233Mb - Memory Allocated
2820Mb - Memory Available
100% - CPU Usage
14250Mb - File Size

Anyway I can test the MB to see if it's faulty at all? I'm just not 100% convinced it's at fault and don't want to shell out a couple of hundred for a new one is this one's okay.

Yep, I have a tablet [UC-logic] so tried disconnecting and uninstalling that but still nothing.
Thought it might be the Graphics Card [Nvidia 6200] so reverted back to the onboard but no help. Updated to the latest driver too but nothing.
I didn't have Quicktime but I seem to be getting a lot of errors when I stream video. It's the only time where Opera crashes anyway. Thought it may be the fault of Adobe Flash Player. Will try a reinstall.

I'll keep working through the link though, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom