Firefox 3.0 CRASHES

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigm@tic

In Runtime
Ever since I downloaded the latest 3.0 version, the only thing this browser is doing is to crash continually. Was curious if anyone else encountered similar issues.....and if anything can be done to stabilize it.

uninstall then reinstall it again.. I was getting the same for a bit but a reinstall and reboot fixed it.

Hello,

It has been advised to completely remove Firefox 2 before you install Firefox 3 as this issue can occur. So use Revo Uninstaller to remove Firefox. Remove the Registry entries with Revo and then go and remove the folders for firefox. If you wish to backup you profile first use the sticky above that i posted. It will do that for you.

The folder is located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla

Cheers,
Mak

FireFox 3.0 Major issues!! HELP!

So, I have a FRESH install of Vista. I got the new Firefox and everything was fine. Today (I reformatted yesterday) I open firefox and my default start page is blank, I have no bookmark settings and all my book marks are GONE!

Any new bookmarks I try and save, do not. Any page I set as default start page does not save either...

what's happening???

Oh, Also just noticed my Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop buttons are grayed out. wtf??

Re: FireFox 3.0 Major issues!! HELP!

Check out Mak's sticky at the top of this forum about backing up your profile. be sure to look and see if the profile is there.

Once you backed it up, uninstall and reinstall Firefox. I don't know how Vista's funky permissions work (I run XP), so I don't know what hoops you have to jump through for that.

Hello,

Not sure if this was split or moved. But i just seen it here one day.

Cheers,
Mak

Well I tried 'completely' removing firefox and then reinstalling....still crashes like crazy afterwards. WHY isn't something like this seen in the event viewer? Heard that Firefox 3 is suppose to be a memory hog...and that it attempts to call home. I don't know what else to do with this wildly crash-prone browser....just utterly remarkable!

A application install crashing is not going to be in teh event viewer. That is for OS based crashes. That is for OS Based services. Firefox is a 3rd party application.

Trotter i think he read this article posted by Osiris:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f27/firefox-phoning-home-once-day-178369/

To reduce teh Memory use Firefox Ultimate Optimizer. It still works with FF3.

There is something up with your system. If removeing all the Firefox stuff and reinstalling doesnt work. Then there is something wrong on your end. Not on the application side.

Have you removed the Firefox folder from the App Data/Mozilla folder?

I am gonna combine both of your FF threads. Since they are mixed together anyways.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom