Final Fantasy XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good to know Akubane, I might have to set it up similarly to yours. I will have to pre-ordered my CE soon if they are still taking orders. will have to check tomorrow. I wish I was in the beta but at least I don't have to wait too long. :smile:

On a side note, does anyone know if there will be any bonus's if you still kept your account from FF XI? Like keeping your toon's name and what not?

On a side note, does anyone know if there will be any bonus's if you still kept your account from FF XI? Like keeping your toon's name and what not?

No not that S.E. has stated officially. They said that they would like people to play both(of course they would, Does anyone else here the numbers on S.E profits going up if people play both.) But long time FFXI players who have been waiting patiently for FFXIV while still playing 11 would be rewarded but well have to wait and see.

FFXIV, what do you think?

I played FFXI back in the day(when I was 15), for 2months SOLID, I got to level 75, then all the raid junk started, so I quit.

I have to say it was one of the best games I've played.

Are any you of you happy about the new game?

Too bad I won't be able to by gil right away / speed level. :wink:

Re: FFXIV, what do you think?

I cant wait for the release. But i will say i was a big fan of FFXI. This one is looking to be a good game and looks like it will have the compatability to play solo and not be forced to party (although this could be like soloing beastmaster in FFXI which was slow at best to truly solo. Duo and Trio was a decent pace tho). But they say it will still be much more benaficial. Hope to see you on thier i will have a linkshell page shortly (im starting early lol) and if its ok with TF i will post the link when its up and running if anyone would like to join me when the game is released.

P.S. Dont buy gil takes some of the fun outa the game to get max level to fast.

davatho: "On a side note, does anyone know if there will be any bonus's if you still kept your account from FF XI? Like keeping your toon's name and what not?"

Well it has been released on what current players of FFXI will recieve in FFXIV, if both of the FFXI and FFXIV characters are linked to the sam SE account.

-They are An in game item that increases movement speed (by far the best of the rewards). Not sure exactly what % they give but still a nice thing.
-You may carry your character name from a FFIX to a character in FFXIV.
One of the downsides If the FFXIV playable character is created before an active FFXI account is linked.
-The third is kinda useless its a reduction in price for FFXI from 13$ to 7$. And this only applies if both accounts are active and linked to the same SE account.
Also none of these will be recieved if the FFXI account is not active when creating the character and it cant be a trial version of the game.

Hey, It's been a while since my last post regarding FFXIV. So far so good, however my next query is sort of a hybrid question, since it involves FFXIV and wireless networking. I've been playing the game for about a week I guess. No real problems in the graphics department, tho the frame rate could be better. But, recently I have been losing latency or "R0'ing" and disconnecting from the server, and sometimes the game will crash as well. That was never a problem before, it seems to be the case now.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on what I can do to make it better. I have forward my ports by using the ports listed on a port forwarding website, which worked phenomenally during installation and when downloading recent patches. Like went from a full on stop to downloading and updating within minutes after I forwarded the ports. I'm on a wireless network, the router being a Belkin model, and my ISP is RoadRunner. My PC specs haven't changed from earlier posts on this thread.

The connection problems could be a multitude of things. It could be your internet connection speed, your wireless speed, your signal strength, or just real high pings to the server.

As for the FPS im gonna guess you have a stock cooler? If you do, you could always get an aftermarket cooler and overclock your i3 (Do NOT do it with stock cooler from Intel). I had my i3 at 4.4ghz and it ran everything smooth as butter with a 5770 and 4890. I sold it to my friend when i got an RMA i5 back from Intel and he uses it with a 460 at 4.6ghz under a Xigmatek Dark Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom