Dynamode USB modem Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulfae

Solid State Member
I am currently living in my inlaws house and they have AOL with a netgear router that their PC connects to the internet through. I bought a wireless Netgear USB modem thingy that I put into a USB port in my PC and recieve internet from their Netgear router.

This all works fine.

My sister inlaw wanted a wireless USB thingy to put in her laptop and we bought a Dynamode WL-GI-700S USB wireless adapter.

I've followed the instructions to set it up and it won't work, not just on the laptop but when i tried to set it up on my PC i can't get a connection through it either.

The final stage in the instruction manual says to select my inlaw's network on the list, which I did, then click on a button that says associates.

It then says: Congratulations! (with the exclamation mark too) You've successfully configured your wireless adapter! (yes another exclamation mark)

In actual fact when you click associates you haven't successfully configured the adapter, a new box comes up that has all these other options and settings to choose from so that you can actually configure the adapter, it's like the person writing the instruction leaflet just wrote the easy bit and didn't bother with bit where you really need help.

I have no idea what i'm supposed to change or put in any anywhere, it's got no guidelines or cue's to what to do and if i just try to click on the OK button it asks me to select a Tx WAP something...

but there is no list with anything to select in and nowhere to select uh.... you feeling my problem yet?

Anyone had this problem and solved it i'd be happy to know what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom