Dual-Boot Windows 7 & Lion Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I'd like to dual-boot my PC so that it can run both Windows 7 & MAC Lion. I am pretty sure this can be done but I've never tried to dual-boot a PC with a MAC operating system on it. The reason I want to do this primarily is because I'd just like to be able to know more about how MACs work.

How I plan on doing it is I currently have Windows 7 Ultimate on my OCZ Vertex 3 SSD which I got a few months back. Before that, I had an OCZ Agility 2 SSD which I still currently have and it is just sitting around collecting dust. So I figured why not use it for something. So you probably see where I'm going with this, I'd like to install Lion onto my Agility 2 SSD.

What I'll more than likely end up doing, if everyone thinks it is the best way, is to get another HDD that I'll use specifically with Lion in conjunction with my Agility 2 SSD.

So since I've never done this before if you could give me a run-through of what I'm supposed to do and how to do it I'd appreciate it. Maybe if there is a good tutorial out there for someone that has never done this before like myself that would work.

Thanks in advance!

Unless you are running on OSX hardware, you can't run it legally. You have to be running on a MAC PC to use MAC software.

What you sound like you are doing, you are using Hackintosh. Hackingtosh is using their software on a self-built PC, which is illegal.

We can not help you do illegal actions.

Unless you are running on OSX hardware, you can't run it legally. You have to be running on a MAC PC to use MAC software.

What you sound like you are doing, you are using Hackintosh. Hackingtosh is using their software on a self-built PC, which is illegal.

We can not help you do illegal actions.

Oh I didn't realize that and don't want to be doing anything illegal.

Thanks for letting me know.

Not to be illegal or anything, but you should take a look at Macbuntu. It is essentially OSX ported to linux, and easy to dual-boot with windows! Also legal :D

That and OSX is pretty much a shiny linux. If you want to use direct OSX try looking for an old OSX machine (G5-7?). Should be somewhat cheap I think. MUCH MUCH cheaper than a brand new mac, no doubt.

The great thing about using Mac OSX is that you have the option to duel boot into Windows 7 or you can buy a piece of software such as Parallels Desktop which allows you to use Windows programmes without even booting into Bootcamp; Of course for this to be legal you need to make sure you own a legitimate copy of Windows.

First off MAC ≠ Mac, the may not seem all that different but in the computer world they have completely different meanings!

MAC = Media Access Control address which is a unique identifier assigned to network interface cards.
Mac = A type of computer made by Apple.

It is against the OS X EULA to install the software on non Apple branded hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom