Doom 3 expansion - **** *** ATI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us lot in the UK have to wait another 4 or 5 days for ROE :angry: Can't wait...

Anyway, beedubaya there has to be something wrong with something in your setup: either a faulty card or something not configured properly. 4 FPS on those settings? My friend's Ti4200 could probably beat that...

Go to www.tweakguides.com

First off, are you sure your catalyst drivers are set up properly? There'll be some setting that you can play with to boost your performance without loosing any (noticable) image quality.

EDIT: I've asked you this before, but I can't remember what you said: what score do you get in 3DMark/Aquamark? How do they compare to similar systems?

Kupo said:
furthermore... all of you nVidia 660GT is better fans... look at this review from Tom's Hardware that shows the x800 beating the 6800 on every game it was tested on.

C'mon now and get off this nVidia is better kick and look at the facts. Someday Nvidia may surpass ATI, they always flipflop... but look at the current information.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/index.html

Look at the "current" information? Look at the date on that article. That was one of the articles that helped persuade me to get the X800.

There has to be something wrong with the card...It isn't possible to get 4fps on an x800 @ those settings, no matter bad ATI is.

I don't think there is anything wrong with my card. I've told them many times, but here are my benchmark scores again.

3DMark03: 12011
3DMark05: 5174
Aquamark 3: 63,336

Half Life 2: 139.41
Far Cry Training demo
1600x1200 - 55.86
1024x768, 2xAA/4xAF - 69.28

Well I'll say it once again: try taking an hour or so out to tweak Doom 3; if you're having trouble, there's so many things you can mess around with you know. It's obviously the only app. that your card has serious troubles with, so deal with it individually...

rofl... at the risk of being labeled an "ATI fanboy" again... how on earth can you get 4fps with details on low and AA off with an x800... seriously... something else has to be wrong...
dude he said HIGH DETAILS with AA ON not off...

"Furthermore" toms hardware isn't the end all answer and absolute truth. That articles old and means absolutely nothing. I've been talking to beedub through IMs then gone and played HL2, Farcry and doom3, with the same settings as him with my socket A system and a 6600GT and either we had the exact same FPS, or the 6600GT beat his...that's REAL world testing right there.

The fact is, nvidia DID do better this time around, ATI beat out the FX series, then it flipped to nvidias favor, especially for budget cards. Yes the X850XT pe and crap wins, but that's like if nvidia went and made a 6850 Ultra, it'd just be overpriced and pointless for the marginal gains

EDIT: Daaaaamn they are using 61.11 drivers in that 'toms hardware guide' yeesh dude, get up to date

Well me and beed did the same thing on HL2 where his card is supposed to pwn. We ran HL2 on 4xAA 8xAF high settings all the way around and 1024x768 res. We did a FPS count and i got 30fps and e got 33 and im running my 2600+ w/ geforce 5600ultra. now idc who you are that is sad considering his machine is supposed to pwn.

Yeah the graphics for Doom3 are insane. Thats going to be the next video game im getting. Im really getting sick of this Toms Hardware guide crap.

Wow - this is so ridiculous

I have not really checked upon this forum that much in the last two months - I come back to see basically the same threads over and over. Beedubya hates his card and complains about Doom3 running crappy, while the same responses are givin back:

Beedubya: I HATE ATI, I get this and that
Someone1: Yeay yeah, ATI sucks, go 6800, those are the real cards!
Someone2: are you sure something else isn't wrong with your card?
Beedubya: no! never

This kind of thread has gone on for wayyy to long. I think beedubya, by now you should do something about it? Someone reccomended Ebay, or another forum - those are really good ideas. I know other people who have X800 Pro who get far more than...4fps..please. Infact it runs smoothly on medium settings if I remember right. And ATi is so hated here - I have an ATi card and Half Life 2, doom 3, Far Cry, all ran at maximum settings ...perfectly.

I beg you beedubya sell your card or trash it. You have already made your case, your point, your w/e -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom