Doom 3 expansion - **** *** ATI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
same problem with a crappier vid card being faster, or having less than 5 fps in doom 3?

Driver problems must explain why the 6600 GT outperforms the X800 Pro in about everything but HL2. Look at the specs, 6600 GT has 128-bit memory interface, 128MB of memory, and only 8 pipelines. X800 Pro has 256MB of memory, 256-bit memory interface, and 12 pipelines. The 6600 GT still beats the X800 Pro. Amazing.

you also should factor in shader models 3.0 in games like far cry, shader model 3.0 increases performance on the geforce 6 series of cards.

i remember when Doom3 first was coming out. In reviews they were pretty much saying that you HAD to get the Radeon 9800 just to play the game at decent settings(isnt the X800 newer?)... well i proved them wronge and played with a maingy 8500 and ran like a charm. Was kinda wierd how well it ran though but meh.

doom3 runs great on my machine full quality but no AA of course.. I can't imagine how a x800 pro could actually run worse than my rig *coughs*

Didn't you Bee, say that you card was opened when you got it or something? This whole time you always complain how much ati sucks.. when on the contrary.. they actually owned nvidia up until the 6 series.. Just wait till the next round, watch you'll have gotten a 6800 (and 1 game won't perform to YOUR standards) and you'll have a hissy fit about how much nvidia sucks now..

Well I for one could care less about the repetitive nature of this thread and subject.. Those are my thoughts though and funny enough.. who else on this entire website has actually complained that their x800 pro completely sucks? Where they're actually playing doom3 with 4fps? (assuming you don't have AA or AS on)..

I personally haven't seen any others and of course I know someone will try to prove me wrong on the subject (not pointing fingers), but if bee is the only person with these mysterious doom3 problems.. You just might of had a problem with that card from day 1, regardless of your benchmarks.. synthentic means shit!

*bows*

Well, Demalii, you haven't hung around this forum enough lately to know. There have been 3 other members here complaining about their X800 Pro and performance problems with it. Its not just me. A guy in my class got an X800 Pro last summer and immediately sold it because it ran Doom 3 like sh*t, then he bought a 6800 GT and he loves it.

the only thing i've had problems with my 9500 Pro is in UT2004 and Unreal 2, at certain points my system would reboot. the problem ended up being driver issues with VPU recover. Catalyst 5.3 fixed the problems. what driver version are you running beedubaya? catalyst 5.4 could fix your doom 3 problems like 5.3 fixed my UT 2004 and unreal 2 problems. just a thought though...

Re: Doom 3 expansion - F**K YOU ATI!!!

beedubaya said:
I got the Doom 3 expansion, started it up, got into it, but not far into it, it became barely playable, then when the effect got more intense, it became not playable at all.

It looks like I am going to have to wait till I get a real video card before I can play it above medium settings at 800x600, no AA or AF.

I feel like ripping this stupid piece of sh*t right out of my PC and stomping this POS to bits.

*sigh*

I just wish I could afford a real video card right now....like the 6800 or even 6600 GT.

To prove it, I have posted a screenshot. This is high settings, 2x AA, 1024x768.

nothingisworsethanx8008ph.jpg

I'M GETTING 4 FREAKING FPS!!! :mad: :mad:

I have to say that this is the WORST piece of hardware I ever bought, and will NEVER reccommend ATI to anyone again!

Complaining about 4 FPS? I get about 1 FPS while soward fighting in Sid Meiers Pirates...

Complaining about 4 FPS? I get about 1 FPS while soward fighting in Sid Meiers Pirates...

1) 4fps in doom 3 is totaly shit!
2) 1 FPS while soward fighting in Sid Meiers Pirates is worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom