Direct connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obtrues_man are you sure it's not obtuse_man. I DID NOT SAY NIC. I SAID R O U T E R, ROUTER , ROUTER , ROOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTER.
DL the manual for his blitzz router like I did the link / act light
should be green or blinking green
yes I have seen yellow link lights on NICs also.

how do you know what ip scheme his router is using ? what if it is using 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.100.1 ?

ok it sais the ping is with 32 bytes of date.

When i type ipconfig it sais:

Connection Specific DNS Suffix: some rogers url
Ip Address 192.168.1.4
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1

I think you did it
now do an ipconfig /release
wait for results
then ipconfig /renew

can you hit the net ?

Settle down tractorboy. The IP scheme was a guess. Obviously when he does an ipconfig he will and did find what the IP scheme was and is. What I gave him was based off of the most common router IP that I know of.

Maybe you should learn some unspoken forum etiquette before you post again. Incomplete and bad advice is not appreciated. Sure you can be wrong, no one is perfect, but pointless posts such as "OH" don't belong in this forum. Correct grammar is appreciated as well.

obtuse man

thank you for enlightening me. thank you for pointing out what i was doing wrong. you are so great, yes thank you . i am now in harmony with the whole universe.

well i download the manual and i dont think it helped me i was reading around but its confusing for me what i got out of it is a need some kind of network card would that mean a specific kind?

could i give you a attachment or link to my manual for my router and maybe you kind find something that helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom