Direct connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidious1120

In Runtime
How do i connect my wireless router to my desktop pc that used a USR 802.11 to get wireless internet i have the cable connected but its still using the wirless

If you are not going to use your wireless you should also turn it off from broadcasting in your router, even if you have security set.

you may have to open a comand prompt

run, type cmd click ok type ipconfig /release enter
ipconfig /renew enter

if your nic does not have an ip of the routers

I just disabled it then i had no internet at all and the cable is connected from my wireless router to my pc fine

when you plug the cat 5 cable from your notebook to the router, does an led come on on the router indicating a connection ? also right click on you network card, select properties, is the box checked at the bottom to show when you are connected, this should pop open a box when you plug in the lan cable ans a red X on the wireless. If you do get theses open a comand prompt and do the release and renew.

if you have cable you may have to power everything down and bring up the cable modem first then after the cable modem goes stedy the router then your notebbok, cable modems cach mac addresses.

My modem is a Webstar dunno numer my wireless router is a Blitzz BWA721 G Wireless Router. My cable comes out my blitzz to my comp not my modem tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom