Crysis 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys make me sad...really. You're on a tech forum that helps people understand PCs.

Please tell me you understand that consoles have crap hardware and that they're just streamlined.

The idea of a PC has never been about gaming.

The original concept of the pc was not about gaming, but that has all changed over the last few years.

Now you can buy all of your pc parts with nothing else in mind..except gaming.

There would be no need what so ever for an ATI 4870 video card, if you were not going to be building for gaming or benchmarking. You certainly would not need it to surf the net and work in notepad or microsoft word.

My son does nothing but game on his pc, other than talk to his friends about gaming....it is for gaming purposes only....really.

Well, I agree but disagree. I have a gaming PC, but it was built with other things in mind too, like video and graphics editing, web design, my wife is writing a book, etc, etc. I do agree that gaming is the single factor pushing hardware these days...especially graphics and physics technology.

Swat's right in that consoles are for gaming only and a PC either can or doesn't have to be for gaming.

the first idea of a pc was n ot for gaming , but with in the last say 8 years a lot of the hardware advances have been for gaming alone...

LOOOL!

not going to comment

He just means that the concept of the pc was never about gaming.

He is right though. PC's are always ahead of consoles. When new consoles come out, you likely need a very expensive machine to beat them, but, still, you can beat them upon their release.

He just means that the concept of the pc was never about gaming.

He is right though. PC's are always ahead of consoles. When new consoles come out, you likely need a very expensive machine to beat them, but, still, you can beat them upon their release.

Not sure i agree with that.

For example, Crysis 2 is coming out on a PS3 and X360 and has amazing graphics. As does Uncharted 2 for PC. There is NO way a top end gaming PC from 5 years ago could play Uncharted 2 or Crysis 2. Not happening.

I would say when consoles are released there graphics are 6 months to a year ahead of PC's. And then they slowly drop behind PC's after that.

That said, there are very few pc games looking as good as the AAA titles for x360 and PS3 in particular.

Not sure i agree with that.

For example, Crysis 2 is coming out on a PS3 and X360 and has amazing graphics. As does Uncharted 2 for PC. There is NO way a top end gaming PC from 5 years ago could play Uncharted 2 or Crysis 2. Not happening.

I would say when consoles are released there graphics are 6 months to a year ahead of PC's. And then they slowly drop behind PC's after that.

That said, there are very few pc games looking as good as the AAA titles for x360 and PS3 in particular.

Well, the xbox isn't even 4 years old, so I don't know why you are talking 5 years. The others aren't even 3. If game developers worked with the particular pc hardware that was top of the line at the time the consoles were released for as many years as they have been working with the consoles, a pc with that exact hardware would be able to perform similar feets.

Yes, however if a PC, with top of the line hardware from 3 years ago, was gutted and the hardware was stuck into a "magic" console that could it would run nicely because consoles are STREAMLINED. They have no OS like Windows bogging them down. All they do is run the game they have in them.

You can build a PC and call it "Gaming" but that doesn't hide the fact that PCs in general are not made for gaming. And in a year that PC will be dated, heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom