Crysis 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I doubt this.
Yea. Sorry, I was being semi-sarcastic. I do have the concern that they will dumb down the PC version to make the engine scalable for other platforms though.

And that "trailer"....not even a teaser. Shards of WTF flying around...ooooo :rolleyes:

It's a "teaser" you get to see an idea of the new engine..do you not? I thought it was pretty cool. Not like they are going to show game footage in a sneak peak

^how does that possibly give you an idea of the new engine without even the smallest bit of game footage?

Like synergy said, it is just shards of wtf flying around. Trailers/teasers for games are getting worse and worse.

(this one kinda reminds me of the green line one for cod4mw2

Multi-platform games make me a sad panda. Not because I hate consoles or anything. I have em all. I don't have much doubt that it'll be dumbed down a bit to adjust. Their 'better optimized engine' just means hacked down enough to run on xbox :p

Oh well if it's as fun to play as the first one then I don't care. Judging from every new game i've seen announced i nthe last while there won't be any big graphical improvements for another few years.

meh.

I'm betting the console versions will get nerfed as far as graphics go. GTAIV was pushing the 360 and bringing fps down to the 20s at times.

PC's are exponentially more powerful than consoles at the moment. Its not even funny.

Considering these consoles were brought out.. 2005-2006 they did pretty well with GTA4, hardware for a pc in 2005-2006 to run GTA4 wouldnt of been able to run as smooth as they did on the consoles would it..?

No no no. PC's have always been way more beefy than consoles. Its just they're not made with gaming in mind and have to put up with OSs and the billions of other processes they induce. Like if games were made on the Linux OS then our hardware would be worth (as far as gaming performance goes) more, just because linux is so much more streamlined than Windows or OSX.

So basically your saying a pc with the hardware from 2005 pretty much high spec... would play crysis at a smooth frame rate... LOOL?

and yeahh of course i understand what Windows has to deal with in the background.. but if you've got a high enough spec pc.. then that shouldnt really bother it

No no no. PC's have always been way more beefy than consoles. Its just they're not made with gaming in mind and have to put up with OSs and the billions of other processes they induce. Like if games were made on the Linux OS then our hardware would be worth (as far as gaming performance goes) more, just because linux is so much more streamlined than Windows or OSX.

If you build a PC with a high end cpu, a high end gpu and 4 gb of ram....then YES, it was made with gaming in mind! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom