Crysis 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to say your missing the point zmatt.
1. I have always said consoles and pc have their advantages. I've never said consoles are better just pointing out they have advantages.

No, I understand what you are saying. And what I am saying is that although PCs cost more and have higher upkeep they are superior in consoles in just about every other way and those advantages justify the cost. The reason consoles do better in sales is because people are lazy and/or not tech savvy and don't want to put up with the fuss of computers.

2. I said netbook or a cheap pc and a xbox360. As in you could get a computer and a 360 for the cost of a decent gaming rig. Besides you can get a netbook for a lot less than $400 ($170-$250 for entry level) and the examples you used were watching youtube and writing reports which is easily done on a netbook or cheapo pc or laptop. So actually you could do all 3 for ~$700 or just get a decent non-gaming pc and 360 for ~$700. If you do things that actually need a powerful PC then of course get the PC but not everybody does and even a lot of high end programs don't need high end video cards so you could skip the gtx280 and buy a 360.

Actually netbooks are getting more expensive as companies try to cram more features in them to get an edge over the other guy. They started down there but I have seem them as high as $600. And netbooks are not intended to be frontline pcs, they supplement desktops. So you don't just buy a netbook and leave it at that, you have something else with it.

3. Have you ever played a game on a computer built in 2000 (same year ps2 came out)? I have one and I can tell you no game is good looking on it and there are tons of games post 2003 that won't run on it, actually BF1942 which came out in 2002 required a video card upgrade. btw that computer costed $1000 (plus $ for ram and 2 video card upgrades) to buy compared to the $300 launch price of the ps2. And my somewhat modern PC can't run a playable frame rate on GTA4 and a 2005 Xbox360 can. Being able to play a new game with bad graphics is better than not being able to play the game at all so that is a advantage.

Granted but things were undergoing a lot of change in 2000. A lot of stuff was made obsolete very fast. But take a 6800 Ultra from several years ago. It can play CoD4 fine which is a modern game.

4. You still have the ease and lower cost of multiplayer games on consoles.

lol lower cost.... XBOX live costs money and the PS2 required you to buy a network adapter. Multiplayer on the pc is free save for MMOs.

So point being is yes PCs are great but there are a lot of pros to consoles besides the exclusive games.

Ease of use and cost are about it.

No, I understand what you are saying. And what I am saying is that although PCs cost more and have higher upkeep they are superior in consoles in just about every other way and those advantages justify the cost. The reason consoles do better in sales is because people are lazy and/or not tech savvy and don't want to put up with the fuss of computers.

PC as a whole is a better more versitle machine, I don't see why anyone would argue that. But for gaming consoles have their strengths.

Actually netbooks are getting more expensive as companies try to cram more features in them to get an edge over the other guy. They started down there but I have seem them as high as $600. And netbooks are not intended to be frontline pcs, they supplement desktops. So you don't just buy a netbook and leave it at that, you have something else with it.

A base netbook will do basic things and a cheap PC with out a high end graphics card can do almost all non gaming things decently.

Granted but things were undergoing a lot of change in 2000. A lot of stuff was made obsolete very fast. But take a 6800 Ultra from several years ago. It can play CoD4 fine which is a modern game.

Some games would barely run on it though. Crysis would need all the settings turned down which takes away the advantage of graphics that PCs have over Consoles. GTA4 probably wouldn't even be playable on a comp from that time. Other games coming out soon will also probably not really run on it. But whatever everybody knows that a old PC or old console won't look great.

lol lower cost.... XBOX live costs money and the PS2 required you to buy a network adapter. Multiplayer on the pc is free save for MMOs.

I was talking about single console multiplayer games like I had metentioned before. Forgot to put that part in though.

Ease of use and cost are about it.

That and the benefit of single machine multiplayer games were my main points so I'll just leave it at that.

^^ agreed. I have had enough of this.

Some people prefer consoles and some people prefer Computers.

Any more non Crysis posts will be deleted and receive a spam infraction.

How did it get to the whole console vs. PC flame war anyway? Regardless of our opinions they are going to have to standardize the engine to be scalable on all platforms. That could be bad news for PC gamers as the PC can handle much more graphics and physics than consoles...I think that is something we can all agree on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom