Convince me to switch from PS3 to 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason that the 360's are LOUD!!!!! is that the DVD drives are pretty cheaply built and there is no shock absorbing mounting system or anything. If you copy your games to the hard drive (a new feature of New Xbox Experience) it will be a lot quieter because it won't have to read the DVD to load the game. It only has to read the DVD to make sure it's there and then it loads entirely from the hard drive.

Plus the fans should be quieter on the new one, the 65nm chips make less heat so it doesn't have to run the fans at full speed anymore.

The whole gaming industry depends on your enjoyment, and if you can't find enjoyment without having to play with friends.. (like myself, I like it with a bunch of friends) with your PS3, switch back to your 360..

ps3 looks cooler though, matches home components better.

Really now? Never heard of the XBOX 360 Elite?

xbox360elite.jpg

Gee that looks very similar to the PS3....

free-playstation3.jpg

Maybe its me. But for some reason i think they both would match up to any home entertainment system. I must be seeing things though....

Frankly you go with what you want. If you like ot game with others and they have a 360 then go for it. If you can find games you like to play on there where is the down side?

Dont switch cause you want to with the "In" crowd cause so many people have a 360 or whatever. If you want to then switch.

I got a Wii cause i liked it. Not cause it was the "It" item to have. I like it and i game on it more often every week. But that is me. I dont think anyone will share my feelings about it nor should anyone try to force anyone else to think other than what they want.

If you want it, get it. Dont try to make us convince you. Convince yourself if you want it. If not then dont get it.

where can you get a blu-ray player for under 200... I work at circuit city and the cheapest we have ever had blu-ray players is 230, down from 300.

Average pricing in Australia, no special Christmas deals or anything:

$399 for RRP 60GB 360 + $299 Soniq QPB300B BLURAY Player = $698
Price of RRP PS3 = $699.

PS: 299 Australian dollars = 197 U.S. dollars

Really now? Never heard of the XBOX 360 Elite?

http://www.getxbox360.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/xbox360e
Gee that looks very similar to the PS3....

[IMG]http://ps3-for-free.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/free-playsta

Maybe its me. But for some reason i think they both would match up to any home entertainment system. I must be seeing things though....

Frankly you go with what you want. If you like ot game with others and they have a 360 then go for it. If you can find games you like to play on there where is the down side?

Dont switch cause you want to with the "In" crowd cause so many people have a 360 or whatever. If you want to then switch.

I got a Wii cause i liked it. Not cause it was the "It" item to have. I like it and i game on it more often every week. But that is me. I dont think anyone will share my feelings about it nor should anyone try to force anyone else to think other than what they want.

If you want it, get it. Dont try to make us convince you. Convince yourself if you want it. If not then dont get it.

wow its black!, i cant tell the difference now, they look like identical twins!
:rolleyes:

Weird, the color breakdown of my desk, my speakers, monitor, laptop, keyboard, mouse, PDA, desk lamp, and laptop cooler are all black and are on the right side of my desk, my printer, Wii, 360, and old beige PC case are all white and on the left...and I didn't organize it that way either, just happened.

The biggest thing for me that I like is that 360 has XBOX Live...I know PS3 also has online play, but it doesn't match up to what Live offers. Plus Live has a bunch of tourneys and games you can play in, like the Champions of Gaming tourney.

I own both. I bought the PS3 after the Xbox. I have owned the PS3 for about 4 months now. When I first got the PS3 the new factor was there and my xbox laid rest for a month. Now the new factor is over and the fact I have to send a **** message to a friend to find out what room they are in and nine other things just to get into a game with them...if they are even playing...is a waste of time and not worth it. You get what you pay for and I am glad I pay for LIVE service.

I was a huge PS2 fanboy. That is over with. PS3 is losing a big war and isn't doing anything to make it better.

Xbox all the way man. You will play it SO much more then your PS3

Games. Gears of War 2. XBox Live. Windows Media Center. Xbox Live. Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom