Convince me to switch from PS3 to 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stumbled across this thread while doing some research and decided to join in since i'm bored at work. I have not read this whole thread so I may be repeating some things others have said. I will not be talking about ps3 because this subject is about convincing you to switch to 360.
You will probably hear the same negative things over and over again about the 360 from the ps3 fans.
1. overheating
The newer 360's have smaller processors producing far less heat than previous models.
2. red rings
Red rings were coming about because of intense heat in the console melting solder points on the motherboard and disconnecting the gfx processor. This has been resolved from point 1. 90% of the old 360's who have had problems can be fixed in 10 minutes with the X-clamp replacment. (Google it or search craigslist in your area for somebody who will do it)
3. loud console.
Pretty much all 360's now are released with Lite-on Dvd drives. These drives are VERY quiet and even with my tv turned all the way down I can not hear it. Also on previous models the fans would kick into high gear because of the heat. (again resolved from point 1)
4. No blu-ray
The netflix and xbox live service allows you to rent high def movies. Or you can download the blu-ray ripped movies to your pc and stream in high def. I have a wireless N router that I have streaming high def movies from my pc to a linksys N game adapter which is connected to the 360. I can also download them weeks before even their blu-ray/dvd releases.
$30 per blu-ray movie vs $7 month for netflix sub or free to download

5. Online costs $$$ on 360
Give me a break it's $50 for a year. I've seen it sometimes at Walmart.com for $38 for a 13 month subscription and they will ship from site to store at that price. Are you seriously telling me that you can not afford $3 a month? I'd rather pay $3 a month for GOOD online servers that I can actually find people to play with than $60 a game and not be able to find anybody to play with (That last sentence will make sense after reading my next point)

Now that we have the bad points out of the way (which were resolved) I will get to the reasons why you should get a 360.
1. DVD flashing.
In 10 minutes you can flash the firmware of the dvd drive and play "backups"
If your little brother/son/nephew comes over and plays your console then kiss your game collection goodbye because in 10 minutes they will all be scratched up and non playable. If you have backups of those games you can just burn another copy and keep your original in a safe place. If you dont know how to read a guide from the internet and mod your firmware yourself you can again go to craigslist website and find somebody to do it for $40-50 in your area. People will say that voids the warranty but you just gotta find somebody who does a good job. It's not rocket science to remove the sticker without messing it up (youtube "xbox 360 new seal removal")

Every couple of months gamespot releases graphic comparisons between the two consoles. Some games look better on ps3 but most seem to look better on the 360. Fallout 3 even received a lower review because of the graphics not looking as good and buggy gameplay. People say "oh well ps3 has not been out as long" it's been out for two freaking years already. Sony made this awesome processor that nobody can figure out how to optimize their games for.

Now you do as you please but all I saw in this thread were ps3 fans bashing the 360 with irrelevant arguments since you would be buying a new 360 and not an old used one that has problems.

EDIT: upon readin more posts from this I noticed some more complaints.
1. Color
a case can be bought for $40 of any color you want. Clear blue red black ect.... google "xcm case" and you will find sites that sell it.
The 360 case is VERY easy to open and switch

2. On the subject of buying a arcade and then getting a hard drive separate
"You don't get the silver cd-rom casing, plus its just a hassle to buy a seperate hard drive."
You can get the silver cd-rom eject button and dvd bezel from ebay for $10. Circuitcity sells a refurb 20 gig hard drive and wireless controller for $40. A refurb hard drive just means the old drive died and they REPLACED the 2.5" drive inside the case with a NEW one. Or again if you know how to read a guide from the internet you can replace that 20 gig drive with a 120 gig wd1200bevs drive for $40 more. (found hard drive model on pricewatch.com for $40 with shipping)

3. Power supply is external.
ok you got me there. I cant defend that one :) that thing is a brick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom