Computer Jobs, Degrees, Certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, i think two books would be plenty. Use the Mike Meyers as the main text, then use the other one to accompany it and use a reference. What I used was a few online sources (real books through books 24x7) to double check things like cable speeds, lengths, etc.

Good luck in your exams! Keep us posted once you pass.

Yeah definitely, give me a couple weeks though haha:p who knows how long it will take for those books to even arrive!:eek: I will start with some online sources until then

i went school searching today but i only had time to check out one school and that was Remington college and the recruiter told me the tuition was 39k thats about how much it costs for ITT also huh? then another of the head guys in the administration office said that the credits might or might not be able to get transferred to another school....what you guys think about that? does that sounds fishy or what? and what is the difference in Associate of Science, General Science Associate of Science, and Business Technology Associate of Applied Science the recruiter didnt want get into detail about she was mainly talking about how they are a platinum member with Microsoft and how i will be able to get 6 certs withthem

Sounds to me like Remington College isn't accredited. IMHO you need to get your degree from an accredited institution. He said that because they aren't accredited so other schools won't take the credits (meaning you couldn't transfer to another university).

i figured that..my concern now is wondering do employers look at degrees from Regional accredited schools differently?

Some employers don't, but honestly, either way it would be better to go to an accredited school. I have talked to a few people with tech type businesses, and they won't hire anyone from ITT Tech or similar schools. I'd say just find a good accredited university that you like and go there.

Computer Science is geared more towards science and engineering. Things like creating circuit boards, processors. Real math intensive things

What you are thinking of is either electrical engineering or Computrer engineering.

Computer Science is basically programming. It requires a lot of math (Calc 1-4, discrete mathematics). If you want to work on developing programs like Windows, Office, itunes, Photoshop, or any other program you can think of you would most likely need a degree in Computer science to do it.

i heard a lot of people say that computer science is hard because of all the math thats involved...how should i say it math is not one of my strongest subjects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom