Cisco Aironet 1200 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny532017

Beta member
Hi guys,

I have two Aironet 1200 series in my office that I'm trying to get working. This is my first adventure into Cisco so please bare with me!

I found this thread: http://www.techist.com/forums/f44/cisco-aironet-1200-wap-74770/

It was very useful, and seems to allow me to change the IP via hyperterminal, no problems.

However, if I reset it, assign it an address, or let it try to get assigned one via DHCP on our network, I cannot get into the web-based configuration. In fact I cannot even ping the AP.

Is there something very obvious I have overlooked? I've reset the things a number of times using the hardware switch and have tried connecting with 10.0.0.1 straight after with only my PC connected via ethernet.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

B

if you perform a factory reset on the device, then any settings you have changed will roll back to their default. I'm guessing after you reset the device the ip changes to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. The device documentation would confirm this. I think this is why you cannot connect with 10.0.0.1 immediately after a reset.

Hi guys,

I have two Aironet 1200 series in my office that I'm trying to get working. This is my first adventure into Cisco so please bare with me!

I found this thread: http://www.techist.com/forums/f44/cisco-aironet-1200-wap-74770/

It was very useful, and seems to allow me to change the IP via hyperterminal, no problems.

However, if I reset it, assign it an address, or let it try to get assigned one via DHCP on our network, I cannot get into the web-based configuration. In fact I cannot even ping the AP.

Is there something very obvious I have overlooked? I've reset the things a number of times using the hardware switch and have tried connecting with 10.0.0.1 straight after with only my PC connected via ethernet.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

B

How long are you waiting to connect to the router with that IP? I think it expires after a short time, but I'm not positive on this. And are you sure you're actually doing a full factory reset?

if you perform a factory reset on the device, then any settings you have changed will roll back to their default. I'm guessing after you reset the device the ip changes to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. The device documentation would confirm this. I think this is why you cannot connect with 10.0.0.1 immediately after a reset.

Aironet routers aren't like regular Linksys home routers; the default IP for Aironets are indeed 10.0.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom