Can I network with Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geezzzz

I havn't read all the post but, I don't see anything about IPs

If i'm correct you had one machine with direct connexion and you got a route to hook a second machine?

If so check the IP on the first machine and set it so it get's it's IP from the router, give the IP your ISP gave you to your router and plug both pc's in the router. Then do the wizard shit or do it manually.

Hope that helps.

And it's "Voila!" not "viola!" hehe

ekÆsine said:
rezurrectme please refrain from posting if you have no clue what you are talking about.

spfd i agree with what CrashAbbott is saying. win2k requires that user accounts be set up properly, i've had the same problem you had with win2k.

*crys* i just said screw it, and installed winxp on the machine, its blasdhzhda i hate this. anyways now i have winxp on both machines, when i try to access one computer from the first one, it works fine, from the second one, i get a pop up saying sign up and for user name its guest and ic ant change it and no passwords works and blasDHshd

yea so yea
heh
and about rezzurect me,

my isp expects me to pay 9.99 for a extra computer on the network for internet, but i still share, cuz i think 50 dollars a month for cable net isnt even that great especially when its really unstable up until a couple weeks ago, my story will be explained in a bit on off topic forum ! look for it!

anyways, im pretty sure if u networked ur computers and shared internet, and called up ur isp and were like "my computers hooked through a router, so what?" they wouldnt do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom