bypassing password for a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewindsong

Solid State Member
I think one of my computer has catched a virus... when i turn on the computer it immediately ask for a password in order for the computer to load and i don't know what it is... i can't even enter the setup screen or format it either unless i know the password... is there anyway i can bypass this? i'm using window 2000 pro. thx!

not ctrl alt delete... not sure if it's bios password, how can i get it? when I turn on the comp it immediately ask for a password before anything get loaded... and when i enter setup instead it still ask for the password.

i remove the cmos battery for like 20 minutes and do it many times including when the computer was on and off but it still asks for a password and nothing has changed... any other suggestions? thx.

There are 2 ways you can reset your bios.

1. On the motherboard there is a small watch battery. Remove this battery along with the power cable from the power supply. Hold down the power button to fully discharge the system. Wait 2-3 minutes then reinstall the battery and plug in your system. Your reset is now complete

2. Some motherboards have a 3 pin jumper by the battery. Lets say that the jumper is on pins 2 and 3. Remove the jumper while the machine is OFF and place onto pins 1 and 2. Power on your machine for a minute. (Note: Your system will not POST). Shutdown your machine and put the jumper back to pins 2 and 3. Your reset is now complete

^i try both of these methods a couple of time and it still doesn't work... it still asks for the password.

ok I'm able to reset the bios using the battery removal method but now there's a new problem. When I turn on the computer it say that the bios memory is lost or something and I have to press F1 to continue. Soon after that it says: "Verifying DMI pool data.........." and the computer freezes. -_- How can i fix this? thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom