Buzzing through speakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
you just want to be an arse. why I don't know.

That would be one idea to look into. So let's see if that works? Wrong! Smart Volume Management switched off cleaned up all humming when no signal present! That was the key found here.

I told him to mute cd audio. now if you click the speaker icon in the tray. you will get the speaker tab that I showed. it's for my x-fi music card

then you click mute. and forget about all of that irrelevant mumbo jumbo that you are talking about.

I don't know if it fixes his problem, but it has fix noise issues for a lot of people

you just want to be an arse. why I don't know.

I told him to mute cd audio. now if you click the speaker icon in the tray. you will get the speaker tab that I showed. it's for my x-fi music card

then you click mute. and forget about all of that irrelevant mumbo jumbo that you are talking about.

I don't know if it fixes his problem, but it has fix noise issues for a lot of people

If you are hearing the buzzing sound inbetween music cds that won't help much. :p Like I said before simply unchecking or turning off the Smart Volume Management(SM) cleaned that right up without opening anything else up to mute anything.

If you are hearing the buzzing sound inbetween music cds that won't help much. :p Like I said before simply unchecking or turning off the Smart Volume Management(SM) cleaned that right up without opening anything else up to mute anything.

I don't feel like explaining this to you so I suggest you look about having cd audio unmuted. it doesn't have anything to do with playing music cds.

I don't feel like explaining this to you so I suggest you look about having cd audio unmuted. it doesn't have anything to do with playing music cds.

Here it has to do with the XtremeGamer picking up the raw signal on the tuner card in the pci slot next to it. The mixer you posted is obviously for a different cd since that has a cd level adjustment seen like on the older Audigy series cards.

The screens posted earlier are seen on the XtremeAudio and XtremeMusic models for the newer Vista ready cards. As you can plainly see there is no cd level adjuster to mute in the mixer there.

Here it has to do with the XtremeGamer picking up the raw signal on the tuner card in the pci slot next to it. The mixer you posted is obviously for a different cd since that has a cd level adjustment seen like on the older Audigy series cards.

The screens posted earlier are seen on the XtremeAudio and XtremeMusic models for the newer Vista ready cards. As you can plainly see there is no cd level adjuster to mute in the mixer there.

you are starting to sound retarded. you are also arguing an irrelevant point. I have the 3 audio modes too. I made a suggestion to mute cd audio. you then went on a stupid arse rant

despite what you think unmuted cd audio will add noise to some systems.

now if you click on the windows speaker icon in the tray and not the creative one you will get an option to mute cd audio. it has nothing to do with the fact that the x-fi has 3 creation modes and that cd audio isn't on any of them.

now if you were a car or home audio installer like I use to be, you would know that it is best to eliminate the source of noise than to use something like a noise gate to filter out noise. a noise gate mutes silence and but it also alters the sound thus mudding the music. any noise eliminator product alter sound

you are starting to sound retarded. you are also arguing an irrelevant point. I have the 3 audio modes too. I made a suggestion to mute cd audio. you then went on a stupid arse rant

now if you click on the windows speaker icon in the tray and not the creative one you will get an option to mute cd audio. it has nothing to do with the fact that the x-fi has 3 creation modes and that cd audio isn't on any of them.

now if you were a car or home audio installer like I use to be, you would know that it is best to eliminate the source of noise than to use something like a noise gate to filter out noise. a noise gate mutes silence and but it also alters the sound thus mudding the music. any noise eliminator product alter sound

Well spoken. Im glad i use external sound + power conditioner so i have absolutely no extra noise whatsoever, it can be very irritating.

Besides the adolescent remarks there :rolleyes: if you actually looked at the screen shots instead of shooting off the mouth you might learn something like how various software packages work on different model cards. Since you didn't bother to look at the screen shot of the sound mixer earlier that will be shown again here along with the system tray optons.

Since you apparently have never used a Creative X-Fi series card by the looks of the mixer from an older model maybe not even Creative card here's what the Smart Volume Management screen looks like.

the more you talk the stupider you sound.

svm1.jpg

svm2.jpg

svm is a noise gate/ compressor limiter. it doesn't really have a place in this conversation. don't add anything else stupid because I really don't feel like explaining the whole mess as it is complicated to explain to somebody who don't know what it really is

svm3.jpg

you really need to stfu. the problem is you don't know how not to let the creative software hijack your computer. I do know how not to let it hijack mine. the software is dormant until I want to surface

SVM should always be kept off as it's probably the stupidest feature I've ever seen in audio software. Eh...I didn't know you could just manage the audio console through control panel. Neat...maybe I'll disable the creative console from running in the toolbar. Oh, I have an OCZ GameXtreme 700W and an X-FI Xtrememusic running to my z-5500, and I get no audible noise at all.

SVM should always be kept off as it's probably the stupidest feature I've ever seen in audio software. Eh...I didn't know you could just manage the audio console through control panel. Neat...maybe I'll disable the creative console from running in the toolbar. Oh, I have an OCZ GameXtreme 700W and an X-FI Xtrememusic running to my z-5500, and I get no audible noise at all.

you can install the drivers through device manager, import them on the xp cd with nlite or pick custom install with the cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom