Buying new Smartphone! Help ASAP!

If it were me, I'd wait. I used an old crappy phone for a few weeks while I waited for the iPhone 5 to finally arrive. It made me appreciate it even more than usual :tongue:

As for LTE vs 4G... Heck I'd still wait for it. T-Mobile might eventually expand LTE into your area, who knows. Also, when you travel you might get LTE in other areas. Definitely better to future proof :tongue:

And you're future proofing yourself with the S IV, too. I anticipate a new Nexus phone coming out within the next few months (At Google I/O)

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention. LTE on the Nexus 4 i s "possible"

T-Mobile Quietly Embraces Nexus 4 Owners on New LTE Network

I'd take some time to read up on it before you buy one for LTE alone, though. It might not work.

Yeah, I'm just gonna wait for the SIV and be a happy camper. I'll order it next Tuesday at midnight :p

It's going on sale for T-Mobile tonight!!! Yay!

One last question, the S4 is releasing on all major carriers, there is no difference in the phones between carriers right?

I understand that some companies install their own apps (like My Verizon), but as far as the actual phone goes... All the same?

Yep, pretty much. There are carrier specific chips I believe (ie, a Verizon phone shoulsnt have a SIM slot, but I could be wrong) for their respective frequencies.

Yep, pretty much. There are carrier specific chips I believe (ie, a Verizon phone shoulsnt have a SIM slot, but I could be wrong) for their respective frequencies.

Yes, you're wrong on that part :p.

All 4G LTE phones on VZW have SIM slots.

Well the more you know! The last Verizon phone I used as an iPhone 4 :tongue:

I would recommend Samsung Galaxy S III. My friend has got this cell and believe me this will be the perfect for you. It's quite smooth and fast. All its great features will surely make you happy.

I would recommend Samsung Galaxy S III. My friend has got this cell and believe me this will be the perfect for you. It's quite smooth and fast. All its great features will surely make you happy.

Thanks for the tip man but I already decided on the Galaxy S 4, which releases in the coming days.

Tmobile was SUPPOSED to release it today, but last night at the last minute the released a press statement citing inventory problems and pushed it to the 29th.

*******s.

Edit: Really? You filter *******? It's not even a curse word, it's a very old english term referring to a child born out of wedlock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Really? You filter *******? It's not even a curse word, it's a very old english term referring to a child born out of wedlock.

Right cause that is exactly how you used it. You didnt mean in a offensive or curse manner right? Cause you would know that the people who made the announcement, all of them, was born out of wedlock.

Yes we filter it. It is a CURSE WORD. An you just bypassed it going AGAINST our rules. Be careful cause this will be your only pass on the matter. It doesnt matter what else the term maybe, you used it as an offensive term, which is exactly why it is filtered. Next time, dont bypass it.

Right cause that is exactly how you used it. You didnt mean in a offensive or curse manner right? Cause you would know that the people who made the announcement, all of them, was born out of wedlock.

Yes we filter it. It is a CURSE WORD. An you just bypassed it going AGAINST our rules. Be careful cause this will be your only pass on the matter. It doesnt matter what else the term maybe, you used it as an offensive term, which is exactly why it is filtered. Next time, dont bypass it.

Do you really want to get into this again?

Compare your response to Fargies, and it's pretty obvious you're being hostile.

But back on topic...

Another press release today, T-Mobile has pushed the S4 release back to MAY 15TH!!! That's right, almost a MONTH after their initial release date. Sprint has also pushed their in store launch back indefinitely. AT&T is the only carrier with inventory, and they'll have them tomorrow in store. Verizon wont have them until June.

I'm peeved, but from what it looks like Samsung is to blame, not the carriers.

Anyone have any good things to say about the HTC One? Considering it as a possible alternative.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom