Buying a new router need help!

Starlessss

Beta member
I currently have a NetGear WGTv3 108 Mbps firewall router which is pretty old and has worked pretty good but cannot support our Xbox one and plethora of smartphones and computers. Router = NETGEAR Support | WGT624v3 | Wireless Routers & Gateway Modems.

I have been looking at the NetGear N600 wireless dual band router will this be able to support these items

Actively used
———————
• Xbox one
• iPad 3x
•lab tops 2x

I guess I have to ask, why do you (and everyone else) try and connect all these smart phones to a home network?

As for the WGT624v3-why are you looking at getting a router that is at end of life (support)?

Get a router that has gigabit ability and you would be much better off. And for home networks you do not really need dual band ability.

I guess I have to ask, why do you (and everyone else) try and connect all these smart phones to a home network?

Well I'd assume so that the smartphones can access internet without using up data off of a data plan, since most plans have capped data nowadays.

As for the WGT624v3-why are you looking at getting a router that is at end of life (support)?

Get a router that has gigabit ability and you would be much better off. And for home networks you do not really need dual band ability.

Did you read that even? I currently have the WGT624v3 and I am looking to buy the n600 as we have 5 smartphones 3 tablets 4 lab tops 1 desktop (wired) an xbox 360 and xbox one
Not all are used at the same time as my siblings attend college but do come home often and I was wondering if the n600 could handle lots of traffic and do everything and more then the WGT624v3

Back
Top Bottom