Bush visits New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
You know there is a thing called reverse racism?

you are absolutely right. it is called not being a racist.

only a racist will say that there is a such thing as reverse racism, because they don't have a clue

Now I remember why I wouldn't post on this subject before. I just opened the floodgate to the closet ones (clue, they are not reverse racists) to come out.

I am now unchecking Email Notification off of this post, so you can go back to your closet. I'm done with the subject

Well, I decided to take the time and read it, and it is as predictable as it gets.

The levee system, crucial to the survival of a city surrounded on three sides by water, hasnÂ’t been upgraded to withstand a Category 4 or 5 storm. Thanks to George Bush and his "war on terror."
Of course, it's so simple! This is the only reason the levee's weren't upgraded! This guys is a genious! Please, that is a bigger strech than Ophra's underwear. I am sure Clinton pleaded to congress daily for the funds but the mean replubicans wouldn't let him have it :amazed:

Why the neglect? Though it is best known as a tourist destination, New Orleans is one of the poorest cities in the U.S., with a population that is 67 percent African American.
Of course, everyone hates black people. In fact, we hate them so much, we praid to the great white God, and had him send a hurricane to kill them all! hahahahaha

"Affluent white people fled the Big Easy in their SUVs, while the old and car-less--mainly Black--were left behind in their below-sea-level shotgun shacks and aging tenements to face the watery wrath,"
Another very intriging fact of the article, all white people have SUV's. Man, I didn't know that :eek:

Other interesting facts can be obtained by what is left out of the article. Apparently, state and local governments have absolutely no responsibility in maintaining there cities or levee systems. Very interesting.

Another one, everyone left behind were very peaceful people, and never once raised a fist or a weapon. This only shows that the slowing in rescue operations were solely due to racism.

Great article Eric, filled with so much great (and true) information :rolleyes:

you are absolutely right. it is called not being a racist.
Oh grow up, the grass is always greener mate

I'm tired of minorities think we owe something to them, the whole point of eliminating racism is to create equality, you can't do that when you're handing out benefits for certain people yet not others

If you get a black history month, there should be an asian history month, a french history month, a native history month, a jewish history month, and a handful of others

The levee system, crucial to the survival of a city surrounded on three sides by water, hasnÂ’t been upgraded to withstand a Category 4 or 5 storm. Thanks to George Bush and his "war on terror."
that's funny...I coulda sworn that the 'official war on terror' started AFTER 9/11 of 2001....hmmm even though the levees have neglected for YEARS and the state government of LA and congress have been ignoring it LONG before the 'war on terror'

Apparently, state and local governments have absolutely no responsibility in maintaining there cities or levee systems. Very interesting.
Yeah funny how that works isn't it? Lets not focus on the governors and mayors of the actual state and city running away, and not using the 150 busses that were sitting PARKED during the hurricane that were supposed to evacuate people, oh yeah, it's all bush.

If you get a black history month, there should be an asian history month, a french history month, a native history month, a jewish history month, and a handful of others
My point exactly....you want equality then quit segreting yourselves...like I pointed out once before...BSU...(Black student Union) what the hell is that about, if I started a WSU people would be raising hell saying it's the next KKK organization....hmm all black colleges, how about if I started an all white college, same thing would happen.

Martin Luther King Jr has got to be rolling over in his grave at the way the young generation of African Americans act these days...they have NO idea what real oppresion and racism is, yet they yell it out and want hand me downs at every opportunity.

I remember reading an article written by a black man that said all this crap needs to be done away with....If black people want to stop white people from saying 'nigga' then black people should stop using it...if they want equality then they should stop calling out BS crap like mr Reverand jesse jackson and the use of the word 'refugees' being racist...

It's the african americans like that, that I respect.

gaara said:
I'm tired of minorities think we owe something to them, the whole point of eliminating racism is to create equality, you can't do that when you're handing out benefits for certain people yet not others

Well, no one owes anyone else anything. But it is the responsibility of the government to ensure that a person is not disadvantaged due to their skin color. Unfortunately, shit like this still happens. Especially with the Baby Boom generation people and the generation after that. As far as I can tell, "our" generation has been pretty desanitized to the skin color and pretty good in that respect. I can honestly say that I have never gotten shit from anyone. But I know lots of "older" people who have.

Saying racism doesn't exist and saying to stop the quota systes is a wonderful thing. But, unfortunately, "racism" still exists. The only way the government can ensure "superiors" at workplaces don't show favouritism to their own kind (which happens ALL the time) is to ensure quotas at the workplace and such exists. btw, I am not just talking about white people. Chinese are infamous for such "discrimination" as well. :rolleyes:

As for "monetary benefits", I didn't know minorities got them. :).. If they do, I am certainly in the dark. Have never received a paycheck in the mail....

The day that we CAN actually do away with the quota systems, I'll be a happy guy. That means, racism will be "mostly" gone. At least from the eyes of the people of influence.

Here's more food for thought, with respect to education. MOST of the baby-boom generation in the US that are "rich" are white. The reason for this is another discussion. But, I doubt anyone will disagree with me on this. And Universities, like Harvard, WANT to admit kids of former alumni. Why?. $$$$..

In one interview, the Harvard Dean, when asked this question gave his reply in an article by replacing all the "s"'s with "$"s :).. He didn't even try to hide it.

Now, what does this mean? A lot of white kids get into these pretigious universities (b/c most rich people from their parents' generation ARE white due to various reasons), without actually earning it. Now about this quota system........

:)

As for "monetary benefits", I didn't know minorities got them. .. If they do, I am certainly in the dark. Have never received a paycheck in the mail....
Psht my next door neighbors is a prime example of this one....nice people and all but boy will they place the race card every chance they get..

His wife worked at a super market for like 15 years...the company NEVER descriminated against her, she had plenty of benefits, nothing was wrong at all...and what's she do? Sues for carpel tunnel syndrome.....the company wound up settling out of court (and they have quite a bit of cash these days, huge RV that they trade in and buy a better one every 2 years, nice house, the works) because they didn't want it to turn into a racial issue.

The other day my dad was talking to the wife about the hurricane and he said something to the effect of "Yeah its sad for those people down there" and she goes off on her little "Those people.....THOSE PEOPLE!?" kind of typical BS.....I HATE that stupid kind of shit 'YOU PEOPLE!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!?' I mean YOU, those PEOPLE, standing there......BAH

Has it ever been brought to anyones attention, or has anyone ever thought that maybe black people are more racist then white people. ::gasp:: OMG, that can't be true!!!

Has it ever been brought to anyones attention, or has anyone ever thought that maybe black people are more racist then white people. ::gasp:: OMG, that can't be true!!!
lol yeah I've been saying it for years....thats why I always say they segregate themselves more than anyone else does it for them.

Now, I'm not being racist there, because I KNOW that doesn't apply to every single black person...like I've said plenty of times ( but I always have to repeat it, otherwise ignorant people will go off on some stupid rant) I've had black friends, and have got a long with them easily without ever giving a 2nd though to skin color, and why is that? Because they act like a normal human being, they treat me like a human being, they talk to me like a human being, and they don't bring up "oh man we were slaves" or "Thats the man trying to keep me down"...and thats all there is to it.....once the race who THINKS they are being opprosed forgets about color the rest of the world will too

lol I even took african american history in college :p

I was 1 out of 4 white people in there, 2 of which later dropped lol

I believe with the image the black people are giving themselves now.

The man doesnt need to keep them down, their doing a good job of it themselves. Very sad.

Nubius said:
that's funny...I coulda sworn that the 'official war on terror' started AFTER 9/11 of 2001....hmmm even though the levees have neglected for YEARS and the state government of LA and congress have been ignoring it LONG before the 'war on terror'

Yeah funny how that works isn't it? Lets not focus on the governors and mayors of the actual state and city running away, and not using the 150 busses that were sitting PARKED during the hurricane that were supposed to evacuate people, oh yeah, it's all bush.

My point exactly....you want equality then quit segreting yourselves...like I pointed out once before...BSU...(Black student Union) what the hell is that about, if I started a WSU people would be raising hell saying it's the next KKK organization....hmm all black colleges, how about if I started an all white college, same thing would happen.

Martin Luther King Jr has got to be rolling over in his grave at the way the young generation of African Americans act these days...they have NO idea what real oppresion and racism is, yet they yell it out and want hand me downs at every opportunity.

I remember reading an article written by a black man that said all this crap needs to be done away with....If black people want to stop white people from saying 'nigga' then black people should stop using it...if they want equality then they should stop calling out BS crap like mr Reverand jesse jackson and the use of the word 'refugees' being racist...

It's the african americans like that, that I respect.

Ok, At my school there is BSU and Asian Culture appreciation. Someone i think tried to make a WSU, but no that is apparently rascist, someone tried to make a motocross club, apparently only white rascists are into motocross huh? Because that's not allowed either.

I'm tired of hearing about white people opressing the black man. I'm tired of hearing all kinds of bullshit about rascism in katrina, yea thats right, i cannot even believe that they are trying to play the race card on this in such a terrible situation, Al Sharpton is just a stupid way over the top liberal who wants attention. And please don't tell me I'm rascist because i don't like Al, I don't like him becasue he is a moron.

How long have the levees been there? When was the last time the levees were threatened. I'm sorry, but the war in Iraq was a little more important in 2001 and no one knew this storm was coming. It's not George Bush's fault, don't blame him. What about all the governors down there, they aren't taking the rap for shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom