Building a Computer Guide*Lots of Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa building a computer isnt as hard as it seems to be...ill DEFINENTLY build my own computer next time instead of buying one built

GuitarFreak1857 said:
when you put the HS on it, it just spreads out? do you have to pivot the HS to spread the AS5?

Just put it on and then turn it a little bit CW and CCW

First of all, I would like to laugh at your aspire PSU *laughs*

Ok, now that I got that out of the way, I have a question. Is the heatsink you are using there the stock one? With thin fins and copper heatpipes?? My 165 didn't come with anything like that, oh wait, my 165 was OEM :D Ok, just a suggestion, there is another power cord your susposed to plug in on the motherboard, it takes a floppy power cable and it's located somewhere near the CPU socket.

003 said:
First of all, I would like to laugh at your aspire PSU *laughs*

Ok, now that I got that out of the way, I have a question. Is the heatsink you are using there the stock one? With thin fins and copper heatpipes?? My 165 didn't come with anything like that, oh wait, my 165 was OEM :D Ok, just a suggestion, there is another power cord your susposed to plug in on the motherboard, it takes a floppy power cable and it's located somewhere near the CPU socket.

1) the heatsink im using isnt stock, though the picture i took with the CPU is the stock heatsink, its still in the box lol

2) thanks for the floppy connector, i plugged in it. lol.

i also cleaned up the wires it looks awesome looking :D post some pics soon

ComputerInside001.jpg

ComputerInside002.jpg

ComputerInside003.jpg

ComputerInside004.jpg

Nubius said:
that looks like way too much thermal paste on the CPU....and major said he figured to add more! It spreads out quite a bit major...that right there is way more than I'd ever put on there.

I literally do the size of a bb and after the heatsink is smashed on it, it spreads almost to the edges...that looks like it'd spill out over the side

I was going to comment on the motherload of paste on that CPU as well...

And PZERO was right in his guide, the pressure from the heat sink will spread out the paste. I used like 1/4th of the paste that was in that one picture, and after clamping the heat sink down, I counted to 10, then took it off. It was ABSOLUTELY perfect, just close enough to the edges without any excess paste to run over the edge of the CPU.

TO PZERO - I love those fan controls on the front of the case. I've never seen them before... Does the case come like that or was it some attachment you modded in? Also, how in the world do those fans get wired for power then?

TO PZERO - I love those fan controls on the front of the case. I've never seen them before... Does the case come like that or was it some attachment you modded in? Also, how in the world do those fans get wired for power then?

I bought the fan controller separetely from newegg :), and i just put it in one of the 5.25" bays. I plugged in a 4 pin molex connector then i took the 3 pin plugged it into the fan controller and plugged it into the fan. :D

They said a max of one fan per channel, but i put two and it works perfectly lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom