BSOD problems yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the reply mark. I posted some new information in my above post.

It mentions in that article about renaming files. This error happened when i tried to install sound drivers. It said in order to wipe the old drivers i would need to restart. It was on the restart that my video drivers magically disappeared again.

Hello,

Yes MemTest86 runs the same tests in the same order. It all depends on how long you run it for. Why you got errors one day and not the next i can really explain. It could be that the memory got corrupted from all the stuff going on with the OS. Having constant shut downs while you are working doesnt help the system. IT can corrupt RAM and hard drives in a instant.

One day you can have a fully workign hard drive and then get a BSOD and then run check disk to find out you ahve bad sectors the very next day.

Being Volitle storage, like RAM, where information is stored for a short period of time you could have easily corrupted it with any one of the BSOD's you have gotten.

Cheers,
Mak (Not Mark. ;))

you have bad ram. it's a remote possibility that you have a bad mobo. the pc3200 are ddr1. your new mobo use ddr2. the slots are slightly over with ddr2

Hello,

Yes MemTest86 runs the same tests in the same order. It all depends on how long you run it for. Why you got errors one day and not the next i can really explain. It could be that the memory got corrupted from all the stuff going on with the OS. Having constant shut downs while you are working doesnt help the system. IT can corrupt RAM and hard drives in a instant.

One day you can have a fully workign hard drive and then get a BSOD and then run check disk to find out you ahve bad sectors the very next day.

Being Volitle storage, like RAM, where information is stored for a short period of time you could have easily corrupted it with any one of the BSOD's you have gotten.

Cheers,
Mak (Not Mark. ;))

Lol sorry mak :)

So all these bsod errors could easily be traced back to busted ram?

to EricB: So i guess if i can find some different ram to test in my machine i can figure out if it's the MD or the ram?

Another thing is i love to overclock. It's why i built this particular pc. I guess my question is, is there anyway to tell if this mess was caused by overclocking or did my ram just have a really short shelf life.

The only voltage i touched in the bios settings was the cpu voltage (it was well within tolerance levels) I never touched the MB/ram/south bridge volates or anything.

IBM,

Its okay, happens all the time. ;)

But yes i can almost bet that almost all these issues can be traced back to the bad RAM. Since almost all the error messages you recieved talk of reading and writing errors for specific things.

I would say try different RAM. If you still get the same issues i would then say that the mobo has band RAM slots.

Cheers,
Mak

over clocking can make the ram go bad. add heat sinks to it if you must overclock. all of your problem came from there. overclocking was meant to make your computer faster for brief periods (like if you were gaming). if was never designed for Constance use as it will eventually kill your computer

try putting everything back to normal and test it again

over clocking can make the ram go bad. add heat sinks to it if you must overclock. all of your problem came from there. overclocking was meant to make your computer faster for brief periods (like if you were gaming). if was never designed for Constance use and it will eventually kill your computer

try putting everything back to normal and test it again

When i first started getting BSOD errors i set everything back to defaults. This was about 2 months ago. I had my cpu going at 3.6ghz for close to 6 months. I had my ram cranked up to match the ratio. I guess my ram got what it deserved. At least my cpu seems to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom