BSOD problems yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright let me see what i can dig up.

The only new programs i've installed in the last week or so was spybot S&D. I was reading some windows article before and it said i might want to disable any programs that always monitor my system. I'm gonna try rebooting again.

ALRIGHT THEN Forgive me i seem ****ed but i got 3 NEW bsod errors upon reboot. Took me 4 reboots to get into windows i got a different BSOD error each time. I finally got into windows and my video drivers are magically gone. Following are the new BSOD errors.

STOP: C0000210 Fatal system error
Session Manager Failed to Create Protected Prefixed System process terminated status of 0xc0000003a

STOP: C0000221
Unknown Hard error System root/System32/Ntdll.dll

ARGH!!!!!!!

Hello,

After checking around Microsoft's site for those errors the common answer was a reinstall of Windows Vista. It might be your best bet to try and correct this issue.

Cheers,
Mak

alright so now i can't even load windows

NEW BSOD ERROR YAY

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x0000000a

So yeah... Can i repair vista or do i need to lose all my files or the 10th time this month?

Hello,

Vista does not have a repair feature. Sorry. Why not just use a Linux LiveCD and get you files off of the hard drive before you format? Woudl be better than losing the files.

Cheers,
Mak

Well i inserted my vista cd and i found a "repair my computer" option so i'm trying that now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well the repair failed due to a corrupt file. Kinda strange. Doing a fresh install now. Seeing as i had very similar Errors with my old OS. Is it possible my dvd-rom is dying and isn't properly copying files.

I really don't think it's a hardware related problem as i figure it would of happened right away after the fresh install.

The only thing i could think of that would cause these problems would be S&D Resident. It kept asking me to make system changes, i kept clicking deny change but the bloody window kept popping back up again. I've also heard stories of teatimer.exe causing problems for people.

UPDATE: Ok i was installing my chipset drivers from my cd and i got a bad pool caller error. That's all i could make out before it reset.....

Anymore ideas?

Alright i'm done for the day. Hopefully there will be a whole slew of responses waiting for me when i get back. should i bother installing anything else in the meantime?

Good morning.

Alright so i got an error in admin logs when i tried to install the chipset drivers that came with my MB. Windows automatically found drivers and i installed those No problems so far.

Another strange thing. Windows says i have a floppy drive installed when i clearly don't.....

Hello,

I had already stated the best course of action. There is clearly somethign wrong with this install. You best course of action is to format and reinstall. Which is what has been suggested by even many people at the Microsoft forums when they have encountered as many issues as you have.

There is nothing more we can say or do for you. You wish to continue to try and fix a bad install when you are getting more and more errors. There is nothing more we can say to help you.

Sorry but i have no more options but to say yet again to format and reinstall. Trying to salvage a corrupted install is only going to lead to more errors and more errors. One compounding on top of the other and possibly being caused by the previous one.

A fresh install is your best answer.

Cheers,
Mak

Sorry i thought i mentiond this in an above post.

I did a fresh install and i got a bad pool error and another bsod error that caused a memory dump.

anyone else have any other ideas :(

do a system diagnostic.

run memtest. a hdd checker etc. what happen when you reinstall. did you get any can't copy this file error?

Hello,

I am sorry. I missed that part. My bad. :(

I would first start off by running MemTest86. To test your RAM. From there run check disk again to make sure there is not bad spots on your drive.

I would highly advise that you use GParted to format the C: drive and then format and reinstall Windows Vista. The reason for this is because Windows Vista only uses a quick format style which only deletes the data. As you can see there is a bad spot on the hard drive and Windows Vista just installed over it again which is causing you errors yet again. By doing it this way you will not be doing a quick format and that spot in the drive will be marked as bad and skipped during the install.

Which will hopefully help stop all these constant errors that you keep getting.

Cheers,
Mak

do a system diagnostic.

run memtest. a hdd checker etc. what happen when you reinstall. did you get any can't copy this file error?

Nope i got no errors during install. Right after install i popped in my cd that has drivers for my chipset/soundcard/network card. I got 20% into the install and i got a bad pool error. I checked the error log after and it was indeed caused by the installation. So i went to get dinner and i came back and it was BSOD again. I just wiped the install again and used the drivers windows recommended. I guess i'll see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom