Bolt Nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
but that PB blaster is strong enough to eat through a Styrofoam cpu, so you know that's serious business.
So will gasoline, but it doesn't do diddly for loosing rusted bolts.

ahh, good point.

anybody else notice i misspelled "cup" and put "cpu" in my last post. lol. i feel like an idiot. shows what i am thinking about.

Any substance that is thin, and can easily soak into the rust and any cracks allowing for lubrication will work, but something that can cause the rust to dissolve along with it, which the acids in soda does, will help a bit more. But myth busters tested this, and it supposedly didn't do to well... IMO, throttle body cleaner to dissolve the rust and wd-40 to lubricate will work, that or some serious heat from a cutting torch...

BTW, I didn't know that they made a processor out of styrofoam :p

Oreo the coke thing works, it was confirmed on a mythbusters episode you have to really cote it an keep it soaked in it over night that's fine if you are doing a little DIY etc but not pratical when working on a landrover.

Nah, not so practical. But i've got a rusted bolt soaking in coke now just to see.

Was just googling around PB Blaster and Liquid Wrench etc, people say a very good UK alternative that is easy to get hold of is PlusGas, so just ordered that. Also from the website was something that sounded promising, it was a penetrating oil that disolved rust but with the advantage of cooling the bolt/nut to -40celcius at the same time creating tiny fissures in the rust cracking it.

this is a good indication your land rover bumper will never fall off :p land rover is quality my friend.

LOL!

No they are not :p Well, they are built strong and great off roaders. But they fall apart if you put any mileage in them. We're only using it for offroading, we'll get about 2500miles per year.

Land Rovers are so notorious for leaking pipes and leaking oil people have called it the "Land Rover Front Chassis Protection System" aka covering the entire front chassis in oil (from leaks) so it can't actually rust :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom