Blu-ray pwnage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
killians45 said:
also is the fact that you can use the HD-DVD as a cheap drive. They have finally found a way to use it for data purposes, from what I understand.

What do you mean finally found a way?

HD-DVD exists too store data... that's all it does.

Before they had problems with the data transfer of these drives. At least, that's what I've read. I'll have to look it up later but can't because our proxy has that **** directNIC redirect stuck in it. This is one of the few sites I can get onto.

Must have been before release, because movies on HD-DVD are just files, so if it couldn't read/write data, then movies would not work.

meh I can't find it now. The only thing I've found was on the need for a specific player to use it and of course drivers. I'll keep looking though. I don't know if this guy is correct though as I haven't had a chance to mess with the HDDVD player. Oh, and there are ways to lock data that is not video, be it because of format or locks so yes... movies COULD work and raw data NOT work.

LMFAO

This is just funny. Watching you folks argue like this.

Okay here let me sum it up for somefolks. Flame me all you want i dont care after this.

General:
Good ideas but flawed. MP3's cost nothing? What about the storage they take on your PC? Does it cost nothing to have all that storage for them? So in fact they do cost something. It also costs to downlaod them for bandwidth. If you rip them from a CD then it cost you the CD. So overall no mater how you look at it MP3's DO cost some form of $$.

DVD's are teh same. They cost to rip/burn/whatever. Just as it sosts for space on your HDD to store them. It also costs for the DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Burner that you use. Along with the blank media.

Overall everything costs $$. Even sitting here typing this does cause it costs $$ for the electricity to run the PC. So yeah i am being overly hypocritical on this. But you deserve it a bit after the way you went after some people here.

@Format Wars:

This is a dead issue cause in case most of you havent quite heard M$ might back Blu-Ray. Thats right. Read it. Also even so that dont amtter cause what about EDVD? I think that is what it is called. It costs the same as DVD to make yet is jsut as good as HD-DVD or BLu-Ray. It has just as much storage as BR and from what i hear more secure than the 2 newly hacked formats. Plus the winner of the Format wars will be HDD's. With all the options to download jsut about everything for a price and TB drives hitting the market they will win.

Links to story about M$ jump...
http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/09/27/hd_dvd_support_a_last_minute_switch/

I know the article is a bit vague. I cant seem to find the original article i read for this matter.

Either way all i have got to say is that all these things are written by Man. Therefor flawed. Someone, somewhere, will find a way to hack, crack and break it. Be it HD-DVD/Blu-Ray/Vista/OS X/Linux/Whatever.

Plain and simple in the world today there are way to many people with time on their hands and the attitude of "Hey i wonder if i can do this" and do it.

Flame away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom