BF2 isn't that great

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing i really enjoy in BF2 is flying blackhawks....I really don't like the way they balanced the guns and the splash damage on missles

BF2 is best first person shooter. If you can't drive in bf2, then you probably need practice. Leaving combat area is like real life. You aren't allowed to leave war. After all this is a realistic game, not fantasy and stuff. Flying is a bit hard, but once you get used to it, it becomes easier. Graphics are better than most other games, and that's why it uses lots of resources. I can run this game at medium settings without any lag with geforce 6600 vanilla (not GT) 512 MB Pc2100 ram, and AMD 2600+ with 333 FSB.

Counter strike is ok, but becomes boring with the same old terrorists and anti terrorists crap. Plus maps are alot smaller than in bf2 and in cs you can jump off higher elevation and wont get hurt. Yea right, try that in real life.

Igetshockedalot said:
For those that missed the points I made above or the issues I have with BF2, let me reiterate...

1. No displayed player names in-game
2. Terrible map function - the map is hard to read and the three zoom setting vs. a scrollable mouse zoom is crap
3. The NVIDIA bennies for 6800+ users
4. The lack of adjustable weapons load-outs
5. The atrocious control scheme for vehicles (can anyone say oversteer?)
6. The system requirements
7. The account manager is terrible. Why do I need one single player account and 1 online account?
8. The red lines outlining the playable area. WTF is that all about? Try flying a jet in a small map and you'll see what I mean. Why restrict where the players can and can't go?
9. The Squad / Commander functions... A great idea, but I'm not even sure if a well oiled clan could really use that well. Seems best suited for a LAN party
10. The complete lack of tutorial missions
11. The headset function - if SOCOM for the PS2 could split voice commands and ambient sounds, why does a cutting edge PC game lose all speaker function when a headset is plugged in?

Nuff said.

Valid pionts, however nothing can take me away from my precious BF2, now to repsoned to your posts, all just my opinion

(matched up to your #'s)
1. makes it more realistic, its not that hard to tell the differnce between uniforms, and if you hold your aiming site on the person for 2 seconds a name appears either red, blue or green
2. I personally like the map, especially when your commander, personally i hardly ever use the map aside from UAV's telling me where my next frag is :)
3. I have the radeon x800 so i personally have no problem with it
4. I like the fact that you have to earn your weopons, but more weopons would be fun
5. Hmmmm, land viechels i have absolutly no trouble with, i suggest you tap D with your right indexed fingure slowly for turns, faster for sharp turns :p
6. I had no problem with system specs but it is a hog so i can see where your coming from
7. I have one account for single and multiplayer games, mabye something is worng with yours, or mabye i got a good bug lol
8. Walking miles out of the way of any objective sounds fun, but remember you always have to walk back, and their is no planes in small maps, the lines are fine, the maps are huge as it is, Example Kubra Damn loook at it and tell me its not amazing
9. YOur Crazy it works perfectly, as long as your not playing with idiots, but most of the time you do
10. No tutorial missions???? Its a FPS, if you dont know how to play a FPS your computer should be taken away and shall be burned
11. Works fine for me, i dont know what you are talking about with this speaker problem

btw i also have a computer in my room, not beacuse im 14 but beacuse, im poor and my bedroom douples for my living room, dining room, den, and kitchen, LOL but actually pretty depressing

BF2 could use better weapon selection. But I still think that it's a good game. It's all a matter of peoples likes.

i think it's a great game but if only it wasn't so... finnickey. There's some bugs and if the quality of the game was better, it would be unstoppable.

1. No displayed player names in-game
Uhm.. Wrong? Go to your map settings, you can toggle 3D map mode in which flags, players, and distances are all shown on your screen in first person. This is a good way of knowing whos an enemy and who isn't, the enemy doesn't have their name on the screen, but after aiming at them they do.

2. Terrible map function - the map is hard to read and the three zoom setting vs. a scrollable mouse zoom is crap
The map is perfectly fine, and has improved from the 1942 map. It has real-time movements for all allies, and if your commander shows a UAV or a teammate spots an enemy, it also appears on the map. Making tactics more real-time and in-depth. This is called fun.

3. The NVIDIA bennies for 6800+ users
I have a 6600GT. It works FINE for me. I run it at 1280x1024 with 2x AA and high graphic details. Never experianced lag.

4. The lack of adjustable weapons load-outs
This is a matter of common sense. If every player had the opportunity to choose weapons for themselves, sort of like counterstrike, do you realize how imbalanced the games would be? Just imagine someone running at you with heavy armour, claymores, mines, and to top things off, weilding a G5? Do you know how slaughtered everyone would be? And how boring would a game be fighting everyone with the same gear. Not fun. This is called balance and game dynamics. Its like saying warcraft sucks because you cant pick the best units from every race to make one super race.

5. The atrocious control scheme for vehicles (can anyone say oversteer?)
I'd say this is pure opinion. I've never experianced a single problem with the steering system with my WASD vehicle controls. Perhaps you should readjust some sensitivities. But the control scheme is no different then any other game I've played.

6. The system requirements
You keep mentioning this and I'll keep reminding you. Look at my system specs in my sig. The game runs perfectly smooth at 1280x1024. Maybe its beause you have an Intel processor? Who knows. Maybe you have crap clogging up your system. If I can run it well, I'm sure you could too.

7. The account manager is terrible. Why do I need one single player account and 1 online account?
What?! You don't have to have two different accounts. You make one account and you can access all game functions from it. The reason there IS an account system is for the online ranking system which puts players on a ladder. Again, a new game dynamic which adds competition.

8. The red lines outlining the playable area. WTF is that all about? Try flying a jet in a small map and you'll see what I mean. Why restrict where the players can and can't go?
Again, another stupid comment. Those are called MAP BORDERS. Without them you could fly your plane forever and ever and no one would ever bother trying to find/kill you because you are so far out. Also, this means the server has to load up a bigger map, and this adds more resources to you the players computer. All FPS maps have borders, and like all FPS's, BF2 has them too, except they make it realistic by giving you an opportunity to turn around and go back to the place where you are supposed to be fighting. I thought this was a rather nice feature as opposed to your plane crashing into an invisible wall and exploding. I don't know, you be the judge? ;)

9. The Squad / Commander functions... A great idea, but I'm not even sure if a well oiled clan could really use that well. Seems best suited for a LAN party
Again, another stupid comment. How does what you said make any sense what so ever? DICE included a feature, that allows one person (a rather smart, tactful person) to see the map from a birds eye view. Now, the squads are also led by players, but players who are fighting, rather then looking. Other players join their squads, and the squad leaders can issue commands to attack, defend, etc.. Also, the commander can issue commands to squad leaders, in which the squad leaders can issue to their squads. Anyone ever play Savage? I'd imagine they got inspiration from this game. This adds a whole new level of FPS gameplay. It allows players to organize themselves quickly and effectively and in a way that they all share the common task of following the squad leader. This way the players aren't scattered around running around aimlessly shooting everyone. I'm sure a squad of 5 organized people can massacre 10 lone wolfs. What I don't understand is how you said this feature cannot be harnessed by CLANS? Wouldn't they be the most ideal people to use this feature? Did I mention you can LOCK your squads so strangers don't join? And you can invite people into your squad, if you are squad leader? Man... Get your facts straight.

10. The complete lack of tutorial missions
Well I gotta agree with you about that one. But really, theres not much to the game. Theres flags, theres guns, theres players. You do the math.

11. The headset function - if SOCOM for the PS2 could split voice commands and ambient sounds, why does a cutting edge PC game lose all speaker function when a headset is plugged in?
This is just simple tech ignorance. I'm not even going to bother answering this.

---

In conclusion, get your shit straight. I'm not saying you're wrong, but if you are going to bash a game that everyone loves, then atleast do it gracefully and back up what you're saying with a meaningful comment instead of "IT SUCKS".

BF2 does suck... alot
I am a great fan of the Novaworld games and reccomend Joint ops and Delta force Xtreme and Black hawk down over BF2 any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom