MAJOR Unreal Tournament 3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, looks like it is for the nonsteam version too.

any body know when this will be out or where i can download from. i love UT3 this will make me love it even more.

It will be available to those without steam as well, but you won't have the achievements that are going to come with the update. There isn't a set date for the update, but the fact that new game modes, maps, and fixes are coming to UT3 is enough for me to get excited to play it again.

The engine would have to be completely revamped in order to make it fully DirectX 10. So it's very unlikely. Says DX10 compatibility though. So they may have added code for the shader models etc.

Yea, the Wikipedia article that lists all the games under DX10 has UT3 listed as one of them, but I don't know if there is any benefit to having DX10 vs DX9. In fact, i'm pretty sure that the game runs slightly worse in Vista than XP, and that doesn't make sense in a game that supposedly supports DX10. The update might change this, though. They are completely revamping the game engine, so it wouldn't surprise me if the DX10 support was fleshed out.

That the problem. I see myself as a gamer. My laptop comes with Vista, but I rolled back to Xp purely because I found games ran better under xp.

Sure, I am missing out on the how nice DX10 makes every thing look. But at the end of the day, I want performance over glamor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom