best av?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panda is good, removes viruses and spyware or try. Pandas on line virus scanner remover is really good, will show you your spyware also, will not remove just the viruses. for moderate online spyware removal go to spywareguide.com on the left " online tools" or something close. Another really good spyware removal is BPS bullet proof software. If you use with adaware, adware claims that BPS stole their data base and will mark BPS files for deletion, so the companys are in the middle of a cat fight. BPS if they did has run with the data base does so much more then adaware , bps has LSP repair along with BHO detection.
fOR TROJANS either The cleaner ..full working 30 day trial, do not forget to update the defs..finds trojs the others miss, fixes the registry after rippin' them out. Trojan hunter is good also

I had PC-Cillin and it was good, for the most part. Then the updates started to take over my computer, every time I booted up it would say it had to update, then tell me it had to restart my computer. It would do this X amount of times. I think the most I tried was 7 times in a row to see if it would help. Then I got Panda :).

what ever you do do not get McAfee
If your implying McAfee is rubbish, I would disagree. I think its AV and firewall are good, in fact the Firewall is very good IMO. Only problem is its a real resource hog. The extra stuff like privacy security and spam blocker are crap though, a waste of money in the Internet Security Suite, or on there own. I'd say Nortan is worst than McAfee, but just my optinion.

tractorboy said:
I think panda also has a firewall

Yes panda has a firewall but I don't use it because it won't let me connect to the internet.

panda is good if you got a good system but i have installed it on various computers and it was a big time resource hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom