BenQ XL2370Z with Apache GE62VR issues

CorkyGOD

Beta member
Hello experts,
I have been trying to get my benq monitor to work with my msi laptop for two hours now. The problem is the max. resolution is 1920*1080 instead of 2560*1440 also the max refresh rate is 60hz instead of 144hz. Ive tried about everything google could lead me to. One weird thing is the driver from CD or internet for the monitor won't install everytime I launch the setup it asks for a restart and after a restart it asks the same thing.

Im on windows 10 family with latest updates, monitor is of course benq xl2370z, laptop also of course is msi apache pro ge62vr, im using an adaptater Urban Factory mini display port to HDMI/DVI/DP which allows me to connect DVI dual link from my monitor to the mini display port on the laptop.

Also one thing that drives me crazy is that i get micro freezes ever so often like mini stutters. In game and out of game.

Edit: one thing I forgot to mention is that using my adapter I am using DVI because when I plug in the normal Display Port in nothing is recognized by my laptop

Any help is appreciated,
Thank you

Last edited:
Is 144hz an option under Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > Monitor ?

Ive installed windows 7 and still same problem. So it must be the adapter ? the urban factory one, ive tried many different dvi and dp cables

It looks like you're in the right place...

Im wondering about this option.. Maybe disable the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" and see if other options appear to at least try them.

question.png

Also you might want to check the specifications of the adapter because there might be a throughput limit. High refresh rates and high resolution exponentially increase required data rate.

I have this,
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=677899forum3.png
Also Ive installed win7 sp1 ultimate x64 and after installing all drivers I have the same problem. I have double checked the adapter,
https://www.google.fr/search?q=Urba...âble+miniDisplay+to++Display+port+/+HDMI+/DVI
and realized that on dvi it has 1920*1080 max res. but on display port it says 2560*1440 which is what i want. now why is the screen not recognized when i plug the display port but recognized with the dvi i really don't know. i already ordered a new cable that will arrive but its weird isnt it?

Last edited:
Yea I just Googled his laptop and assumed 1060 = HDMI 2.0. Why in the **** do they have a VR named laptop equipped with 1.4? Anyways, you'll need a straight miniDP to DP cable.

Back
Top Bottom