Battlefield 3 Will Not Come to Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing about steam is you never know when they're gonna go under...

Once every couple of weeks and if you didn't save your credentials and want to play without an internet connection you're screwed. Steam running in the background is an issue for me (because it's usually downloading), and I use Xfire to talk to friends during the game. Not being able to play my games before the downloads are complete annoys me and I don't have a choice in the matter. I'd rather NOT have Steam and patch when I feel like it and play without or without an internet connection while not running a separate program in the background.

Major Steam Update Coming Soon Written on Monday, July 18th by David Jagneaux
Valve is hard at work on a pretty large update for its PC gaming platform, Steam. The update will address a wide range of areas, most importantly of which is improved download rates. In a statement, Valve had the following to say:

“The maximum aggregate bandwidth of the system will be greater than the current system; this will help us satisfy spikes in demand when there's a big release. “We will also be able to send content from more places, to better serve people all around the globe. All the content on the new system is sent via HTTP; this is more firewall-friendly than the current system, and will automatically take advantage of web-caching proxies installed at ISPs.”

One of the coolest new features is that Steam will now be able to download updates for games WHILE you are playing, and install them once you exit. There will also be a host of other new features being added as well helping make everything work even better, including the ability to prioritize the order of your downloads.

http://www.thekoalition.com/2011/07/major-steam-update-coming-soon/

the thing about steam is you never know when they're gonna go under...

Major Steam Update Coming Soon Written on Monday, July 18th by David Jagneaux
Valve is hard at work on a pretty large update for its PC gaming platform, Steam. The update will address a wide range of areas, most importantly of which is improved download rates. In a statement, Valve had the following to say:

“The maximum aggregate bandwidth of the system will be greater than the current system; this will help us satisfy spikes in demand when there's a big release. “We will also be able to send content from more places, to better serve people all around the globe. All the content on the new system is sent via HTTP; this is more firewall-friendly than the current system, and will automatically take advantage of web-caching proxies installed at ISPs.”

One of the coolest new features is that Steam will now be able to download updates for games WHILE you are playing, and install them once you exit. There will also be a host of other new features being added as well helping make everything work even better, including the ability to prioritize the order of your downloads.

Major Steam Update Coming Soon
Which I would have to disable since all my Steam games are multiplayer games and my bandwidth would scream at me for doing that. Not to mention little 12 year olds whining because of my lag.

I have spent more money on games while running Steam than the 20 years before that. They've got the whole ad/sales process streamlined, so in that regard it works very well...

I will be pre-ordering from EA anyway, not getting it through Steam. While Steam is a good thing I don't really use most of its features. I am not into chat and prefer to stay logged out of it. I sometimes join friends gaming through Steam, but BC2 allows you to have friends within the game so I didn't need Steam for that. BF3 should have this feature as well.

Which I would have to disable since all my Steam games are multiplayer games and my bandwidth would scream at me for doing that. Not to mention little 12 year olds whining because of my lag.

download throttling is also in the works... I read that on my phone, don't have link.

I love Steam. I don't have connection issues at all and when I buy digitally I buy through steam. It also makes it easy for DLC. Instead of going to a third party site and such its all right there. I have a few major titles outside of steam and I probably will have BF3 outside of it too if it gets by passed. Give my money to GameStop I guess.

I have only bought one DD game outside of Steam and that was NFS Shift from Amazon.com, It wasn't a bad experience but I can't keep track of games as good.

Then don't download while you're gaming lol.

I don't like Steam that much either, but I deal with it. I do like it for it's really cheap game sales they have fairly often, though. Plus its cool when they offer a couple of their top games for free (Portal 1 for a while was free, and TF2 is now completely free).

I don't like Steam that much either, but I deal with it. I do like it for it's really cheap game sales they have fairly often, though. Plus its cool when they offer a couple of their top games for free (Portal 1 for a while was free, and TF2 is now completely free).

i wish they would make source free. I want to try it, but don't want to pay $20 for such an ancient game.

They have it on sale fairly often for like $5 every now and then. They did at one point during their summer sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom