Battlefield 3 is coming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I maxed bf2142 with 1 gig and it ran like a dream....

And yeah, the pc version of the game would have to be drastically different than the console version if it was able to take advantage of more than 3.5 gigs since consoles only have .5 gigs.

Yeah, there shouldn't be any major difference with performance with a decent computer. But it

I may be wrong but if the executable isn't 64bit the program can not take any advantages of a 64bit OS. Such as allocating more than 2.5gb of RAM to the game (appx).

If BF3 was a true 64bit, it would use as much ram as it needed. Which obviously has performance benefits and visual benefits, as you are not so restricted by texture sizes.

Crytek for example said that in the next gen consoles they said they wanted 8gb of ram and 64bit support as a minimum. They obviously see ram as massively important, but as i say, you need 64bit.

I am a little ignorant when it comes to architecture. But wouldn't you have an increase in performance when using a 64-bit application by having the advantage of utilizing larger registers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom